Don't get me wrong, I am a totally dedicated Floydian, but can anyone else hear the similarites between After The Goldrush and When The Tigers Broke Free? In terms of the melody is what I mean. I remember Roger mentioning that Young was one of his favorite song writers in an interview.
IN/ RAINBOWS
IN RAIN/BOWS
IN RAINBOW/S
IN RAINBOWS/
IN RAIN_BOWS
RA D IOHEA _D
_RAD IO HEA D
I'm a way bigger fan of Pink Floyd, I think Neil Youngs Music is boring and bland. As for those two songs, I haven't heard them, so I can't comment.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by Kartman
I'm a way bigger fan of Pink Floyd, I think Neil Youngs Music is boring and bland. As for those two songs, I haven't heard them, so I can't comment.

I agree.

But, on topic, I think that they sound a little bit alike - but not totally ripped off.
Megan Fox nude!

Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE
Quote by Kartman

Neil Young is the greatest song writer of all time next to Dylan, his music isnt supposed to be lively, he is making a statement...
Quote by get-born
Neil Young is the greatest song writer of all time next to Dylan, his music isnt supposed to be lively, he is making a statement...

Exactly (to me he is better than Dylan tho.)
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'10 Godin 5th Ave. Kingpin
'03 Blueridge Dreadnought
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
Well as a guitarist/singer yes, and for overall music than yes (imo)

I like Neil better too, but you can deny Bob's songwriting...
Yea, But to me Neils songs sem to be more personal. Bob's writing style is more like a reporter, detatched, non personal. While Neil's is more personal, talking about experiences he's had and such.
Plus Neil is all around one of the coolest musicians on earth.
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
ya they are. but also, I saw him in concert (CSN&Y Freedom of Speech Tour '06) even with how old he is and having had surgery on an aneurism, He still rocked out like a person one third his age.

This is the Jacket I bought there. (Sry bout the size photobucket isnt working on resizing them.)

'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
Last edited by Ranger01 at Sep 23, 2006,
i saw them in ottawa on that tour, i didnt really like his new album, but he was the best on stage, and the old stuff that they played was awsome
Quote by Ranger01
Yea, But to me Neils songs sem to be more personal. Bob's writing style is more like a reporter, detatched, non personal. While Neil's is more personal, talking about experiences he's had and such.
Plus Neil is all around one of the coolest musicians on earth.

First, Dylan is VERY personal in most of his music after 1966. Listen to Blood on the Tracks.

Second, ask Neil himself. He himself, in reference to Bob Dylan, once said "I'm a B student of this guy."

Quote by J3bus
i saw them in ottawa on that tour, i didnt really like his new album, but he was the best on stage, and the old stuff that they played was awsome

Yeah, Neil's latest album, Living With War, is just a bunch of mindless hippie political trash. That said, the one that came out earlier this year, Prarie Wind, was incredibly sweet. Neil can afford to put out a bad album now and then; he's got awesome to burn.
Death to Ovation haters!