so how the hell does he do it?? i'm talking about the whole symphony of feedback that joe satriani plays on 'Flying in a Blue Dream', in the studio and live versions.
how does he control the pitch, and then switch pitches from one note to another without breaking the smooth flow of the feedback???
its been screwing with my head, coz i can't do it even though i have the same guitar as he does..
gah! help!
Ibanez JS1000BP
Fender American Stratocaster
Boss GT8 Processor
Korg AX1500G
I think it is from him moving around. Watch this http://youtube.com/watch?v=U-zjnVmuTzs.
When the pitch changes you see him moving over so its prabably his position to the amp that changes the note. I watched a video with Steve Vai and he moved a step to the right and got a different pitch and then a step back and then back to where he was in the first place and the pitch changed.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
Last edited by FFFDFEFRFKFFF at Sep 23, 2006,
It's really got very little to do with the guitar. Although I don't know the song
you're talking about. Feedback is more a matter of the electronics, the amp,
how loud it is, and the room dynamics. The amp really has to be "pushing some
air" -- ie loud. Big air waves will cause the strings to vibrate, that produces more
sound, strings vibrate more, more sound.... that's a positive feedback loop and
feedback explained.
Quote by FFFDFEFRFKFFF
I think it is from him moving around. Watch this http://youtube.com/watch?v=U-zjnVmuTzs.
When the pitch changes you see him moving over so its prabably his position to the amp that changes the note. I watched a video with Stee Vai and he moved a step to the right and got a different pitch and then a step back and then back to where he was in the first place and the pitch changed.

All righty then......
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee