Page 1 of 2
brngbacwudstok
woo! poptarts!

Location: south carolina--rawr! i saw a music video by them a few months ago...AH!!!! it made me want to poke my eyes with a spork.
__________________ you not like them?
Quote by brngbacwudstok
i saw a music video by them a few months ago...AH!!!! it made me want to poke my eyes with a spork.

relly. bloc party is an aquired taste. but eh w.e
I like them because their music is so energetic. Several users on this board don't like them though.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

I like them, because I'm not an indie snob and I like pop music.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

i think they're just brilliant, always have since banquet was 'mtv2's video of the week', back when i enjoyed mtv2.

really would like to hear what they come up with for the second album
i like them, the album's pretty good, a few rubbish tracks but the good ones make up for it
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
Quote by leaping badger
i like them, the album's pretty good, a few rubbish tracks but the good ones make up for it

I second that.
[SIZE=
i have a special place in my heart for them. at their show a few months ago they played some new songs and they sounded promising...
i like em, they are an acquired taste though.

wish they made a dent in america though

so much better than fall out boy.
Quote by i_strum_i_drum
i have a special place in my heart for them. at their show a few months ago they played some new songs and they sounded promising...

I saw them live one month or so ago and the songs where interesting, yes.
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Quote by the_astronaut
I like them, because I'm not an indie snob and I like pop music.

I dont like them because im and indie snob

but i do like pop music...some of it
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
Ugh, I just heard one of their songs on a Toyota commercial. If it were for GM I would've thrown up, but since it isn't GM I merely got midly nauseous.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

They're alright; they've lost their really good-ness for me over the past few months.
yeahhhh bloc party are good stuff. i cant wait to hear their second album.
I like Bloc Party kinda pop/indie sounding...bit of an oxymoron lawl.
Peepee on yo tittays
I cant stand how I can hear their music on the backing track to just about any advert, tv programme or computer game to come out in the last year.

Before that, I liked them. Now they annoy the f*ck out of me.
They're very good in my eyes. And I managed to see them live recently, where they played "Hunting For Witches", which you just know is going to be a brilliant single.
The song on THAW is sick, but I never really got into them other than that. Are the other songs like that one?
Call me Steve. All the cool kids are doin it.
Quote by crazynickman

Step One: Wake up in the LATE AFTERNOON
Step Two: Roll around in garbage and lyrical genius
Instant Bob Dylan.
Like Eating Glass (i think its a remix too)?

That's probably my favorite track off the album.

When does the new one come out?
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
So this thread reminded me of how much I love that song, and I just bought the CD. i LOVE IT.
Quote by crazynickman

Instant Bob Dylan.
I like 'em. Silent Alarms PRETTY GOOD, though I've seen some SHOCKINGLY BAD live footage.

Really into This Modern Love at one point, and it's still my favourite, but Blue Light, Banquet and The Pioneers are close behind.
Quote by unplugtheradio
i like em, they are an acquired taste though.

wish they made a dent in america though

so much better than fall out boy.

theyre opening for panic! if im not mistaken.

not that i dont like them or anything... in all honesty i'd probably open for them too if i got the chance.

Quote by Abe
I like 'em. Silent Alarms PRETTY GOOD, though I've seen some SHOCKINGLY BAD live footage.

hmm... ive heard otherwise. the source was... questionable, however.

post said footage if possible.
Rock is Dead.

Gear:
Epiphone LPC
Vox AD50VT

Whats the meanest you can be,
To the ones you claim to love,
And still smile to your newfound friends?
Last edited by ghettohobbit4 at Nov 3, 2006,
I like them, but yeah, the media has raped their catalogue mercilessly.

I really liked their drummer, though. He's got such energy and bounce in his drumming. Rock on that man.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by ghettohobbit4
theyre opening for panic! if im not mistaken.

that is correct. i'm probably gonna see em in toronto but all the general admission tix are sold out so im gonna have to sit somewhere... but meh it'll still be good.

unluCKY...
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by Myonosken
They're very good in my eyes. And I managed to see them live recently, where they played "Hunting For Witches", which you just know is going to be a brilliant single.

i've heard a poorly recorded live version and omg it sounds feckin stunning.
bloc aren't pop, they're as indie as any other indie band they've have just become more popular that doesn't make them part of the pop genre though.
Quote by wolfmother256
would alternitive and indie be the right genre for these guys? what would you call them?

no, this is not a good genre for bloc party. i think "gay" would be a more appropriate one...
I look forward to killing you...
^I second the "no".
Quote by crazynickman

Instant Bob Dylan.
Yea i seen em in concerito and they good. You can call the sound iether Indie Rock, but its also like post-modern punk, and add "British" to the names if ya want. People rock to them like the new punk with englishmen.
http://www.nme.com/news/bloc-party/25027

Their drummer yesterday suffered a collapse lung while on tour so they have cancelled a number of dates. Sounds pretty damn painful for the guy.....when I met him, he was extremely friendly and down to earth. Hope he recovers quickly.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
yes indeed they bore me too. Everyone loved them to try and be indie, and now that they're so popular i think a lot of those fans will desert them. Opening for panic! is the worst thing they could possibly do. Any association with that band is stupid.
i dreamed i saw st. augustine
alive with fiery breath
and i dreamed i was amongst the ones
that put him out to death.
i have Silent Alarm...the first tracks, maybe up to maybe Blue Light are ace tracks, especially Banquet. but the tracks after that fail to impress.

but...i was at an indie club yesterday (Club Bang! in Hollywood, for those who know), and they played Banquet...a very fun song to dance to, especially when they have the highly compressed "club bass" sound.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I like:

Phobos (he oozes cool)

Misfits and AC/DC Covers + original recordings (jazz/punk, hardcore, "shredish").
http://advancederror.dmusic.com
Quote by bobby_zman
yes indeed they bore me too. Everyone loved them to try and be indie, and now that they're so popular i think a lot of those fans will desert them. Opening for panic! is the worst thing they could possibly do. Any association with that band is stupid.

Indie fans, these days, are the popular crowd (where I come from). The fact that they are popular is the very reason indie fans are into them - and I've listened to the new album and that aint gonna change. Its at least as good as Silent Alarm and I've only gave it one 'good' listen. I think the song 'Uniform' is actually aimed at the hoards of indie fans - I guess that will become clear soon enough.

I loved BP when they came out and havent changed since. I saw them live at Oxegen 2005 and they were brilliant.

They write catchy, meaningful songs and are one of the best bands in the world IMO.
Page 1 of 2