I just got a Fender American Strat with a floating 2 point bridge. I just tryed to get the tremolo arm into the bridge but after about 3 turns it begins to feel very stiff. I'm scared to turn it any further in case it breaks. Can anyone help me with how to get the arm in.
Thanx for all the help.
Last edited by Jimbo999 at Sep 23, 2006,
Once it's stiff it's in, leave it how it is.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
some guys like it a little "swingy" some like it stiff.

its just a screw in a thread. u cant screw it up unless u force the turn
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I tryed to do a tremolo arm once practice it but it was stiff but I dindn't so I still tryed to go further and then it went to deep and I broke it so yea leave it there or break it
Take it out and see if you might have cross threaded it?... If that's possible?
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
yeah, guys cross thread and the bend off arms all the time. but not on an american strat, and not when carefully screwing in the arm to begin with.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

thanx for all the help people. Im still not sure whats happened but im taking back to the shop to find out. Thanx anyway
Quote by jj1565
yeah, guys cross thread and the bend off arms all the time. but not on an american strat, and not when carefully screwing in the arm to begin with.

Tell me about it. My trem has a nice piece of metal stuck in there that's mysteriously missing from the end of my trem arm.
^laf, just get a tiny pin sized drill bit. drill it in the center of that metal part, and if it gets stuck try to drill out the part, or in the hole, tap in a nail, and try to turn the nail to spin it out.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Thanx again for all the help. Its just cos its new. Ive screwed it in afew times now and its becoming easier to do. Thanx people