http://cgi.ebay.com/New-and-fine-pair-Gibson-Les-Paul-Supreme-guitar_W0QQitemZ160033119308QQihZ006QQcategoryZ33044QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

So, my friend has been looking around for a Les Paul for quite awhile.

And he stumbled across this. Now, obviously, it seems totally fake. Two Gibson Les Pauls for 500 dollars?

But I figured I'd come here to ask you guys about whether or not they are. It's from China, and I've seen people trying to sell Ibanez JEM's knock-offs for minimal prices.

So, what do you think? Fake? Real?

hmmm
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
If someone is selling a guitar for an apparent huge loss frmo china it's certain to be fake. There's no logic to selling 2 expensive guitars for less than half the price that one would cost. Also, if it says buying it will bring you "good fortune and happiness and luck and wealth", then it certainly is fake.
"He remembered that they were but flesh, a passing breeze that does not return"
scam. because it is sold cheap and from china although the prices are a bit higher than the usual china/ebay scam
i have seen loads of like gibson les pauls and sg's etc etc on ebay going for pennies, i was tempted to buy one but iam a bit unsure infact iam so sure they are fake no way they are real unless they are stolen
Orinally Posted by HorridxHopes

This is the smartest question ever posted in the pit. I commend you.

I asked about theory of reality and this is what someone said to me!
Quote by mikb
If someone is selling a guitar for an apparent huge loss frmo china it's certain to be fake. There's no logic to selling 2 expensive guitars for less than half the price that one would cost

True, and we've considered that.

The only reason anyone would EVER sell them for that little is

A: Theyre committing suicide
B: They are going Bankrupt.

And even then, they would sell em for more.
So, based on body shape/neck/pickups/headstock, does it look legit to anyone?

If it's a fake, then they did a hell of a good job faking it.
just read the description, "This item is in perfect condition .ery attractive and nice.The shape of the item is very wonderful..Its design is very delicate.Fantastic and Rare in the world !!!It showed the higher social status in the world.That demenstrated that social civilization had been increasingly progressing.If you win it,it can bring you good fortune and happiness and luck and wealth.Please don't miss it for your collection !" I mean WTF, no one needs an explanation on what it looks like, and what the hell are they talking about
shows higher status in the world and civilization, what is this history class, those fuckin assholes who try and trick people into thinking those are gibsons really piss me off and yea lp's are super rare in the world
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
this
Quote by some chineese ebay scammer
This item is in perfect condition .ery attractive and nice.The shape of the item is very wonderful..Its design is very delicate.Fantastic and Rare in the world !!!It showed the higher social status in the world.That demenstrated that social civilization had been increasingly progressing.If you win it,it can bring you good fortune and happiness and luck and wealth.Please don't miss it for your collection !

pretty much garuntees that its a fake
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
^ if you look at these guys's feedback, you'll notice a majority of it is always from the same user. Why? they open one account. Open another, and start selling from one to to other. And also, notice the headstocks. The truss rod cover is 3 screw which i odn't think i've ever seen on a gibby.
Quote by drevil814
Be a man and tell her off. If that doesn't work, a roundhouse kick to the face will.

Quote by flesh fries
im not racist....ive got a color tv
Q: what is the body made of and the neck made of please???thank you!
Sep-22-06
A: Dear friend:How are you! It is make of by the selected and high-quality material.

lol