So this topic has been on my mind since 2003 when i started playin bass... fingers or pick!?!?

Im now playing 3 years and I still find at times when gig'n that im happier with a 2.0mm dunlop pick in my hand for songs like "The Who - My Generation" or "Guns N Roses - Sweet Child O'Mine" so as to ring out those octave notes before the solo with more ease, but songs such as "Cream - Sunshine Of Your Love" Or "Lynard Skynard - Freebird" have always been finger bass songs for me...

I just want other bass players opinions on...

All finger bass?
All pick bass?
Or mix the two of them together?

Personaly i like to mix it up, whether it be lack of ability or not. I have always played bass the way im more comfortable with regardless of other peoples opinions...
Bass Guitars:
Warwick - Corvette $$
Gibson Thunderbird IV
Tanglewood - Warrior II
Stagg - Semi Acoustic Bass

Amp:
Behringer BX3000T Head
Behringer BB115 Cabinet
for me it depends..

i usually use my fingers but if i cant go fast enough on something i MAY use a pick..

oh yea and this is about the 1 billionth time a picks vs. fingers thread has been made in the last little while

congratulations
Quote by motley_cruester
oh yea and this is about the 1 billionth time a picks vs. fingers thread has been made in the last little while congratulations

Its not a fingers vs pick thread?

More so comparing the pros & cons of using both, and im lazy so i didnt bother checking, theres too many new treads every day
Bass Guitars:
Warwick - Corvette $$
Gibson Thunderbird IV
Tanglewood - Warrior II
Stagg - Semi Acoustic Bass

Amp:
Behringer BX3000T Head
Behringer BB115 Cabinet
I can pluck faster that pick so its fingers for meeee
Co-Founder of The Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or timmEH to join

#1 Rush / Yes fan of The Bass Militia
PM Dinky to join

Founder of The Ernie Ball MusicMan owners club and proud owner of a Black Sapphire Bongo 4 HHp
PM me to join
I think a mix of the two is best, in truth if you wanna be the best at anything than you have to be good at everything that comes with it. Which would mean you would have to play with a pick to get good at it