hey guys,i h vae a problem with my nose picking...
though i searched this forum (and the net ofcourse) i couldnt find a clear method to hold the pick (srry im a noob )

can you please tell me how kirk holds it or jani liimatainen from sonata arctica? ( if you show me with photos i'll much appreciate it

thank you guys
Last edited by Azael at May 26, 2007,
dude, u cant copy some1 elses pick-holding style. its whatever YOU like it to be. some people hold it while making a fist, some hold in thumb and forefinger...just try different ways till u are comforable.

dont worry i was a n00b b4 too.
1. Led Zeppelin
2. AC/DC
3. The Beatles
4. Deep Purple
5. Black Sabbath
6. The White Stripes
7. Stevie Ray Vaughan
8. Steve Vai
9. Ozzy Osbourne
10. Foreigner
You should hold it however feels comfortable.

It's best to leave maybe half a centimetre open to hit the string, maybe a bit more. I was told to make a gun shape with your thumb vertical and your index horizontal and balance the pick along the side of your index so the pointed end of the pick is running the same as the finger itself.

Then curl the finger and bring your thumb down on it.
You should just play it how you reguraly do. If your having a problem picking, its most likely having to do with your hand strength, and how you pick, not how you hold it.
Whatever feels most natural to you. I hold mine with the tip of the pick inline with the tips of my pointer and thumb. I was told that's wrong and it'll slip but it suits me fine and doesn't slip. You have to find your own method but nothing insane and out of the norm that will cause you to be held back.
Quote by ChrisMcN
Whatever feels most natural to you. I hold mine with the tip of the pick inline with the tips of my pointer and thumb. I was told that's wrong and it'll slip but it suits me fine and doesn't slip. You have to find your own method but nothing insane and out of the norm that will cause you to be held back.

thanks alot you ****ing bastard you dumbass bitch
now my fingers are sore! <-- edit thanks for correcting me

and **** you too magvol
u don't know how it feels! if you do not know how to play a guitar
it hurts man **** you! u guyz are not helping me!!
Last edited by Azael at May 26, 2007,
i assume that i'll kill you all if i know you..
FFFFFFUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKIIIIINNNNGGG BASTARDS
GO F.U.C.K YOUR RACE
BEING AN AMERICAN SUCKS
USING SLANG IS AN IGNORANT WAY TO TALK SO F,U,C,K YOU DUMB WHITE AND SPECIALLY BLACK AMERICANS ALSO CHINESE THEY SUCK COZ THEY'LL GONNA BEAT THE USA'S ASS WHEN THEY LAUNCH THEIR F,U,C,KING YELLOW PEOPLE ASS' NUCLEAR USA WILL BE WIPE OUT FOR SURE INCLUDING US HERE IN NEW JERSEY SO **** YOU BASTARDS
Well Well I Should Kill Uncle Sam's Ass When We Meet
And Yes Im An Imbecile Who Don't Know How To Use A Guitar Pick
For God's Sake
I Can Use A Mine Pick To Kill You Guys
Good god, what is this guy's deal? Try to help him and he blows up with psuedo-political racist ramblings. But what really p.o.'s me is that he can't spell sore shame!
hmm this is getting good *gets popcorn*
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
I was going to give real advice, but now i'm just gonna say to play with the pick lodged in your asshole =D
Quote by jasper jones
Good god, what is this guy's deal? Try to help him and he blows up with psuedo-political racist ramblings. But what really p.o.'s me is that he can't spell sore shame!

oh sorry about that typo

haha im just fooling around

maybe later..
chaos will come
Last edited by Azael at May 27, 2007,
hmm this thread is a spam
i don't even play the guitar damn!
does anyone here play world of warcraft?
oh please that game sucks
hmm
just asking anyone here got a ps3?
Quote by burnthestringz
dude, u cant copy some1 elses pick-holding style. its whatever YOU like it to be. some people hold it while making a fist, some hold in thumb and forefinger...just try different ways till u are comforable.

dont worry i was a n00b b4 too.

oh yeah? **** you your still a noob
wtf dude, if you dont play guitar what interest do you have in this forum? Why are you here?
Dear fugzz,
im here because i have to spread my words and teachings
about our country
or world rather.
i have to open your eyes
and for all to know the truth
wanna be my apostle?
don't worry i'll pay u
i chose this site to be one of my destinations
my destiny brought me here
and now i shall spread the truth
you know 'bout the tsunamis on asia?
yeah they suck
but don't ya think its cool?
hitting malasya indonesia with that wave will coast chaos!
many peoples will evacuate
and some (the unfortunate ones)
will visit hell
and YES
they only have a limited time there
like iCafes u know?
the duration of their visit depends
on their sins
and yes satan is real
and god is freaking real to
and despite the truth everyone will have their visit
to hell
and for know
im doing this because
god told me
and to save me oh.. not me.. us!
this is an errand
by God the father
and i will start my journey
and he will guide me to heaven
and i know i will find someone to help me
any want to volunteer?
coz im having a hard time finding a companion ~_~ darn!
oh yeah fugzz do u have a nintendo wii?
i only have a few games
but im having fun when i used the controller on GOOGLE EARTH
YEAH THE MOST AMAZING PROGRAM I'VE EVER SEEN
i forgot
is there any mods monitoring the forums?
ultimate-guitar sucks huh? a big SPAM
Uh dude. Get off of here. If you don't play guitar, then why the **** are you on this site? People are trying to 'help' you and you cuss them out and (most likley) diss their country. So get off the site, and off the internet for all I care. We don't need assholes like you hangin around here.
*reported*
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.