Yeah I was wondering if it was cool to talk about animosity in the metal thread. It's technically death metal not really any kind of core I guess.
Quote by raise_the_dead
Technical farts in odd time signatures?

WTF do you eat?

Quote by metabolicmaggot
Wow these answers scare me....I've swallowed some of that suff....I need a shower.
Deathcore? That bands nothing spectacular IMO.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
yea i've heard them they're alright. going to see them on the sanctity of brothers tour with unearth and bleeding through. gonna be a good night =]
Hardcore forum, go away.
Don't analyze my beliefs & I won't pick out the flaws in yours
Decent band, sweet live show.

They play some pretty technical **** too.
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
yeah I indirectly know them(I know the brother of the guitarist lol)
Quote by raise_the_dead
Technical farts in odd time signatures?

WTF do you eat?

Quote by metabolicmaggot
Wow these answers scare me....I've swallowed some of that suff....I need a shower.
Dont like this "Deathcore" trend they and JFAC are responsable for, making our youth thinking theyre listening to real metal and not posercore.
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
Quote by RingmasterTJ
Hardcore forum, go away.

You go away and while your at it burn in hell. I hate all you people who have so many classifications for metal. I buy a cd for a band classified as hardcore or metalcore or grindcore or deathcore or thrash or speed metal or death metal or melodic death metal or progressive melodic deathcore or folk metal or pirate metal( haven't ever actually purchased but i hear it exists) and i consider it to be metal. I also hate you people who listen to a band that sounds exactly like another metal band but because its hardcore its instantly crap and you won't listen to it. If music is good it doesn't matter what genre it is you should give it a listen.
^ Get used to it. There's alot of f ucks in this forum who dismiss something before even listening. Be it whether the band is in a trend, associated with hardcore, associated with christianity, regardless of whether it's good.
Quote by SorrowIsMe
Dont like this "Deathcore" trend they and JFAC are responsable for, making our youth thinking theyre listening to real metal and not posercore.

Animosity put out their first album before Job For A Cowboy did.

I kind of like Animosity. I've heard much better, though.
LET THE DEAD EAT THE DEAD
Quote by zzzzzzzzzzzzz
You go away and while your at it burn in hell. I hate all you people who have so many classifications for metal. I buy a cd for a band classified as hardcore or metalcore or grindcore or deathcore or thrash or speed metal or death metal or melodic death metal or progressive melodic deathcore or folk metal or pirate metal( haven't ever actually purchased but i hear it exists) and i consider it to be metal. I also hate you people who listen to a band that sounds exactly like another metal band but because its hardcore its instantly crap and you won't listen to it. If music is good it doesn't matter what genre it is you should give it a listen.

its just to make things easier to classify bands

severed savior and agalloch are both metal but COMPLETLY different

the drummer in that band use to be in sleep terror
Quote by zzzzzzzzzzzzz

The reason they sound exactly the same is because they've stolen all of their riffs from At the Gates and Carcass. Ya ass.
Quote by zzzzzzzzzzzzz

silly noob.

I don't give a fuck why you buy a cd, but thanks for sharing anyway. The rules of this forum say that a band like this doesn't go in the metal forum, it goes in the hardcore forum, so obey the rules or find another fucking site to post about your cd buying habits.

For the record most of these metalcore sound exactley like other metalcore bands, & I never said all hardcore is crap, simply that it should be posted in the hardcore forum, which is generally where people go to discuss it.
Don't analyze my beliefs & I won't pick out the flaws in yours
Quote by DeathLegionaire
The reason they sound exactly the same is because they've stolen all of their riffs from At the Gates and Carcass. Ya ass.

Animosity Is Good.

The Technical Genre Would Be Grindcore Though.

They Havn't Stolen Any Riffs.

And Believe Me I Know Their Stuff.
Last edited by CheifSlapAhoe at Sep 25, 2006,
I really wish people would stop with this stupid deathcore bullshit. I know it's annoying that a bunch of scene kids like a cool band, but that doesn't mean people have to make up sub-genres to seperate them from metal. Same thing happened with BDM being classified as metalcore.