So i went down to guitar center today to look around at the sale they were having. I happen to see this white guitar from a distance and checked it out. It was an old strat/ I quickly noticed it had permanent marker scribbled all over it which upset me a bit. So i ask the guy if theres any way i could wash it off and he said no. so i went and played it and it sounded amazing through various tube amps and i re-talked to the guy about washing it off. He then told me the signatures were pink floyd. David gilmour being my all time guitar man i quickly became interested. Its signed by David Gilmour, Roger Waters and the drummer. I began to joke around about how they were fake and blah blah. The guitar center manager showed me pictures of a guy holding the guitar signed with in fact the members of pink floyd. He gave his authorization that the signatures were real, but since no photo of the actual signing, no 20,000$ pink floyd price tag. So i walked out with the guitar with only taking 380$ out of my pocket. the guitar is a 96 American strat.

how do you guys feel about this. Real or fake? im pretty conviced even if i cant sell it for tons of money, its still cool to have a pink floyd signed guitar.

uhh, sorry but that one on the arm contour looks like "Richard U..."

last time i checked there was no Richard U in pink floyd
My Gear:
Fender Standard Strat w/Tex-mex pups
Epi Les Paul Jr.
Epi MM-20 mandolin
Yamaha FG-110
Boss SD-1
Boss BD-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Digitech RP80
Fender FM212R
Epi Valve Junior

Check Me Out:
Me
its richard wright hopefully

keyboard
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club, PM deadhead313313

People Wouldn't know good music if it hit them in face
- Frank Zappa

Gear:
Carvin CT3
Digitech GNX3
Peavey Classic 30
yeh i don't really remember a Richard U...

but hey, if you're happy with the guitar and how it sounds, who cares? enjoy the new axe man.

EDIT: try doing a little research. see if you can actually find what their signatures look like. if they don't even look close, you know it's not real. good luck! PM me when you find out- i'm curious as to if you find anything
Schecter C-1+
Fender FM212R
Boss MD-2
A shitload of other pedals I never use.

Quote by Nelsean
I swallowed a marble when I was 8. I pooped it out in the same day too.

Quote by stringmagician
Only funny thing in this whole thread.
yea seriously you just bought an american strat for $380. fake signatures or not, the guitar was a good deal anyway
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by Waterboy799
yea seriously you just bought an american strat for $380. fake signatures or not, the guitar was a good deal anyway

good point
My Gear:
Fender Standard Strat w/Tex-mex pups
Epi Les Paul Jr.
Epi MM-20 mandolin
Yamaha FG-110
Boss SD-1
Boss BD-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Digitech RP80
Fender FM212R
Epi Valve Junior

Check Me Out:
Me
Yea is that USD and does it have stock pickups and electronics? I would have bought it just for the guitar. Did the guitar center guy let you have the pictures?
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
ya, even if its not, it looks sweet, very nice guitar, and only 380 bucks. Thats awesome.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
sounds authentic, could've happened. Bands often will sign guitars for radio station give aways, etc. And if the winner isnt a guitar player, it wouldnt be unusual for them to sell it.
Definately a cool find, great for you. I would be worried about playing it so much my arm would start to rub off the signature on the top near the back.
might be real...

Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
As mentioned, even if it isnint real you could always sand it down and repaint it...or ebay it
Quote by tubab0y
might be real...

Wow, if it is real and for $380, thats just a bargain. Nice find there.
Sent from my iPad.
nice
Quote by Dæmönika
I'm afraid of you...MDoggDX316phobia

Quote by Imperial
Yes, Master MDoggDX316

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: The Hype Man of the UG Hip
Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
Thats awsome, I dont know if its real or not, but it certainly does look real compared to the picture posted with there sigs. Either way, a MIA Srat for 380? Cant beat it man.
Quote by Waterboy799

Yeah honeslty. i love collecting fender guitars i was gonna buy this before i even saw the signatures. great deal even if signatures are fake. ill hopefully find a way to wipe them off.
woah i just saw that cd. that looks dang near close. and rich wright does make his W's look like U's. i dont know what to think. i just like how the guitar sounds hahaha.
Well ive seen what there autographs look like. The david gilmour looks rather real and so does the Nick Mason one.. David has stated he doesnt like giving autographs so im unsure of the authenticity of it.
T
Amp/Effects:

Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Tc-Electronic G-system
Line6 DM4

Guitars:

EBMM JP6 BFR
EBMM JP7
Taylor 314ce
Oh my John, that looks amazing, and that cheap for an old USA Strat? Damn you.

Can you give us a pic of that headstock? The neck looks amazing.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
If it's brand new from '96, that means it's not signed by Waters.

If all the guys were together... well... Waters & Gilmoure didn't really hang out much then, did they? Or anytime since really.

And Nick Mason is the only Nick in PF, and that looks like Nick Zenger.

But MIM prices for a pretty looking MIA, sick deal.
haha
Don't wipe the signatures off.
If they're real, you'll regret just having that great guitar for such a little price.
No, seriously, just let them stay where they are.
I wouldn't wipe those off

Juuust in case they are real..
Guitars
MIM Fender Telecaster
Art & Lutherie Cedar
1969 EKO Ranchero
G&L Tribute L2500

Amps
Traynor YCV40WR
Yorkville BM400H
Peavey TVX 4x10

Effects
Behringer DSP1000
Dunlop GCB95 Wah
Digitech HotRod
BBE Sonic Stomp
I looked up the serial number on Fender.com. This guitar was made in either 93 or 94 the serial code is N312596.

headstock.