The flame he once held bright
It falls cold, and no longer tells a tale
The torch is carried on, for souls like his

Chorus:
This man, this dying prophet
Is held together by man's faith
This joke, this romantic
This man called virtue

I want to change the last line of the chorus. I haven't arranged this song yet, but i have started making chords for it. Please help me with that last line though.

Just another thought, I was thinking of changing the his and hims to her and changing virtue to Grace (just so i can mention my sister)
Last edited by beanage at Sep 23, 2006,
Its okay. I'm not sure it would be a good idea to change genders in the song, though. I think it would be better without the gender change. Also, I don't see a rhyme scheme in your lyrics. As for the chorus, I can't think of anything. Maybe if it rhymed more I could. Sorry.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
I dunno about rhyme scheme, I think it would ruin the feeling of the song, cause if you heard me playing it you';d cry, I know I almost cried. in other words, I fear change.
Just because it's a song doesn't exactly mean it needs a rhyming scheme. If the lyrics were sung at a slow pace, you could get away with that as a very interesting lyric.

I really enjoyed:
"The flame he once held bright
It falls cold, and no longer tells a tale
The torch is carried on, for souls like his"

I can't explain it, but I find the lyrics strong in this verse.

Overall, not a bad lyric at all, I wouldn't touch the beginning of the chorus because I feel like it matches the song's "fading of a person" (or so it would seem). Keep it up
That's all I wanted to do as a kid. Play a guitar properly and jump around. But too many people got in the way. -Syd Barrett