Page 1 of 7
It seems that most posters on this page are guitarists themselves, just wondering what style you play and what's your weapon of choice.

I"ll start,

1997 Gibson L5-S
Roland JC-55 Amplifier

I play jazzy rock, my band page is linked below.
Last edited by JazzManRoper at Sep 23, 2006,
carvin carved top
peavey classic 30

i like jazz
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club, PM deadhead313313

People Wouldn't know good music if it hit them in face
- Frank Zappa

Gear:
Carvin CT3
Digitech GNX3
Peavey Classic 30
Fender 72 Custom Telecaster
Peavey TnT 100 (Bass Amp, but I get a sweet ass overdrive)

I play blues and Jazz mainly.
of course youre going to get mostly jazz and blues.. this thing is posted in the jazz and blues section .. hehe ..

im playing a Gibson SG.. seems a lot of people are these days .. Hopin for a Squier soon ..

i try and play a lot of different kind of stuff.. into the experimental indie progressive whatever section of the music world
The guitar I play most often is a heavily modded custom Warmoth Strat H-S-S config through a couple of modded Fender Amps.
Breakfast; the most importent drink of the day.
gears in my sig... blues and well jazz...
My Gear-
Gibson SG Junior
52' Hot Rod Tele
American Deluxe Strat
Yamaha Cg-104
Fender Twin (white)
Boss CH1
Boss OC-3
DOD overdrive
Fulltone OCD
Arbiter Fuzz Face
Vox Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Dunlop Univibe
I'd rather not say my current guitar but soon:

Custom Carvin DC727
6505+ w/ 1960A cab

I play metal

But love jazz for its technicalness
Gear

Son Of Beast *IDW it anymore*
Peavey 6505+ Head
Marshall 1960A Cab

Quote by Draken
Guys relax if you can't joke about genocide then what can you do?
Quote by AllenRothenberg
of course youre going to get mostly jazz and blues.. this thing is posted in the jazz and blues section .. hehe ..

im playing a Gibson SG.. seems a lot of people are these days .. Hopin for a Squier soon ..

i try and play a lot of different kind of stuff.. into the experimental indie progressive whatever section of the music world

Wait you have a Gibson and you want a Squier?

Anyway, I have a Squier strat and im definitly gonna get a new one soon cuz Ive been playing the squier since I started playing (well aside from the acoustic I started out on). Whats a good guitar for me to get, I like to play Blues-Rock stuff like Cream, Allman Brothers and then Rock stuff like CCR or Deep Purple. I also enjoy playing random Blues songs.
"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world"
-John Lennon
Quote by Punk Rocker

Anyway, I have a Squier strat and im definitly gonna get a new one soon cuz Ive been playing the squier since I started playing (well aside from the acoustic I started out on). Whats a good guitar for me to get, I like to play Blues-Rock stuff like Cream, Allman Brothers and then Rock stuff like CCR or Deep Purple. I also enjoy playing random Blues songs.

Can't go wrong with a Fender.

Anyway I play a somewhat modded First Act ME302 (Telecaster look alike for those who care) through a Peavey practice amp.

I play all breeds of rock, jazz, blues, a bit of classical, and funk.
UG RPG - Big Band Jazz Group
Buckethead4Prez - String Bass

PM me to Join
I primarily play my Nashville Tele through a 59 Bassman reissue. I also have a Washburn HB-15 that I keep in open G for slide playing. I mainly play heavily blues influenced classic rock (cream, hendrix, rolling stones, etc.)
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
Fender American Strat - Sunburst

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
Quote by Punk Rocker

whats the deal with the Gibson Squier thing?.. Thoughts? Im all ears
^ Going from Gibson to Squier is going way downmarket, particulary as far as quality is concerned, and all you get to show for it an extra inch between the bridge and the nut.
Anyways, if you want a strat ot a tele knockoff there are better places to look.

I use a PRS SE EG (now that's a good strat copy - much better than a mexican for about the same price) and a Laney VC15110 - the most beautiful 15 watt amp in the world.

I mostly play (acoustic) classical guitar, but also blues and jazz rythem guitar, but I'm working on my improvising!
How may The National D help you waste your time?
A Strat, RG550 and RG1550SA coupled with a Laney GH50L.

For jazz.

That's right, bitches.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Everyone in here seems to have ace rigs.

Anyway, I play (for blues really):

1992 Ibanez RG550 w/Seymour Duncans
Squier Strat w/changed pups
Richwood Strat copy (soon to be completely rebuilt with only body and neck I hope)
Epiphone pearl Les Paul (might be selling this to fund the RG)

Zoom 3030 (ohhh yeah)

Today I'm hoping to go try out a 1973 Sound City L120 head. All british made by hand, point to point wired, class A all tube power (power comes from 6 EL34 Mullards)
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
fender american standard strat with texas special pups
gibson les paul standard
fender american tele

marshall valvestate 80W
fender hotrod deluxe

i play blues mainly

I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Well, a Schecter C-1 Elite (White), a tiny Vox amp (battery powered so I can take it around with me and play wherever), and a Dunlop Crybaby.

I play Blues mainly, a bit of Classic Rock thrown in sometimes, but mainly blues.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Squier Strat, whatever amp I can borrow to distract me from the POS Squier amp I got with it.

Quote by Calum Barrow
Squier Strat w/changed pups

I'm thinking about getting some new pups for my Squier for Christmas. The combo I'm thinking about so far is:

Bridge: SD Hot Rails
Middle: Texas Special
Neck: Red Lace-Sensor (if I can get one, otherwise it'll be a Hot Noiseless)

I play classic rock (Led Zep, Deep Purple mainly, hence the Hot Rails) and blues (Texas Special for that SRV-esque tone), so the neck pup should be able to do both (which is why I think the Lace-Sensor or the Jeff Beck Noiseless will be a good choice). Any suggestions r.e. my pup choice?
MIA fender telecaster (signed by Gerry of gerry and the pacemakers Not that famous)
Epi sheraton II
Vox AD50VT
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
I have an electric Monterey guitar... don't know what it's called. It's super cheap but has OK pickups.

Classic Rock rox!!!

AC/DC!!!
'Lovely' does NOT have guitar solos!

Monterey Stage Series Electric
Some bright orange Ashton acoustic
Line 6 Spider 2 112
Variax 300
Quote by fronkpies
MIA fender telecaster (signed by Gerry of gerry and the pacemakers Not that famous)
Epi sheraton II
Vox AD50VT

come on mate, that band were awesome in their day.

my main guitar is a tokai breezysound run through a fender blues junior and i play blues and some jazz with that. my other guitars are a epi custom modded with gibson 57 pickups, krammer strat and an ibanez S470
I play a Peavey V-type, a Yamaha Pacifica 112M, and own a few custom jobs that I shouldn't even be mentioning...
And I play/write everything except for country. Mostly progressive/instrumental power rock, though.

Why are people talking 'bout their other gear? I thought the question was 'What guitar do you play? Tsk tsk, children...
Quote by SonicMessiah
Why are people talking 'bout their other gear? I thought the question was 'What guitar do you play? Tsk tsk, children...

makes the thread more interesting
my setup currently is a squier standard series strat through a marshall mg15cd. (its actually not as crappy as you might think.) soon i will be getting a schecter c-1 plus. i play everything from blues to punk to metal.
I play a Standard Strat in sunburst with Texas Special pickups, Graph Tech saddles, and a Tortoise Shell pickguard. My amp is an Ampeg Reverberocket. 50 watts of all tube bluesy goodness.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Fender strat loaded With Lindy Fralin hand wound blues Specials pups, through a Fender Blues Jr, with a custom hand made wah in the middle, and a modified Boss Overdrive to the vintage 808 specs.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Firebird V

Blues deville 4 10

Classic rock, alternative, folk, NZ rock
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Fender Telecaster or 92 Epiphone Les Paul through a Fender Blues Junior

i play mostly blues, a little jazz, but my other bassist is a bit into indie, so compromises, but i also play slide

theres my tele (what i mainly play)
Last edited by ledhed68 at Sep 24, 2006,
US Hamer Archtop, Ibanez Prestige S1520, thru a Peavey Triumph PAG60 (first version of the XXX, sounds the same to me), Boss Rocker wah, Boss ME50 pedal board, Ibanez Tubescreamer.

I play metal, mostly 80s (and some 70s Zep/Sabbath) until presentday metal but no nu-metal detuned Head&Munky crap. SRV styled blues also.
right now i have a samick malibu, a crate amp, and a boss ds-1 distortion pedal. i play mostly blues and classic rock. hoping to get some better gear soon. my samick actually is a pretty good guitar considering the price(i think $200-$300), it always has a better tone then my friends and they all have like strats and les pauls. i also use 11's or 12's for strings, usually elixer.
Wow I'm cheap.
I've got this Shine StratKnockoff thing which I plug through the cheapest Marshall money can buy. It sounds fine, I'm a blues player.

Hey, it's crap but then geetar ain't my main thang *hugs Roland FP5 digital piano*
Quote by TNfootballfan62
I play a Standard Strat in sunburst with Texas Special pickups, Graph Tech saddles, and a Tortoise Shell pickguard. My amp is an Ampeg Reverberocket. 50 watts of all tube bluesy goodness.

how do you like the ampeg?

i was tihnking of getting it as my next amp

gears in sig
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

i have a 1970s gibson sg and a mexican strat with seymour duncan pups. my amp is a fender blues junior and i play mainly blues and classic rock
Call me Jack
For Blues: Gibson SG
For Jazz: Hammer Echotone

Quote by krymson
I hope that we could get some real metal out there. I guess A7X a start...
But nu metal does have its moments like Slipknot Mushroomhead and Korn.

Quote by VR2005
...Scales are basically the most useless thing in jazz...

mainly metal and all its sub genres.

scarlet red PRS CE 10 top maple 24 - best investment i ever made.
"That's me in the corner, choosing Bad Religion."
-Brian Baker