yeah i have trouble doing that. anyone have excerises that can help me do hammer ons/pull offs (more trouble with hammer ons) that i can actually hear? thanks.
Quote by Mad Marius
No, I saw them on that documentary, Jurassic Park. They walked around and ate electric fences and people.
Just keep useing it for any chords that spread 4 frets. I have always used my pinky, started playing mostly acoustic. Many of the songs I played while growing up needed all four fingers for some of the chords and pull offs.
Breakfast; the most importent drink of the day.
when your bored or watching tv or something, grab a stress ball, and use only your pinky

other then that just practice
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
its not that i dont practice, its just that i dont think i have the technique right... like i said its really more about the hammer ons
Quote by Mad Marius
No, I saw them on that documentary, Jurassic Park. They walked around and ate electric fences and people.
Well I could give you some exercises but what exactly are you having trouble with on the hammer-ons? Where do you keep your pinky while playing normally? Arched over the fretboard, stuck out away from it, or curled underneath it? When you have trouble is it beause you can't get it to the next note quickly enough or because its too hard to stretch. Tell us some of this stuff about your pinky. Lol that sound weird haha.
i have to specify a little more... suppose you were to strike two strings at once, like the opening riff of beast of burden, and you needed to hammer on with your pinky, its pretty hard with it that close. any further than 3 frets away from my index finger i am fine. most of the time my pinky is curled back, yes i know a bad habit. tell me if you didnt get a word i said
Quote by Mad Marius
Then don't use the pinky. Bar the 7th fret double stop with your index finger and then hammer to the 9th fret with your ring finger. Yea thats good you recognized it as bad but just fix it. The pinky adds a whole new dimension to playing.