ok this is really bugging me-my big muff pi seems to cut out when i play notes of a low frequency-mostly under a low A. This is really bugging-its like it goes quiet for 1 second, every 6-7 secs.

Anyone else get this? Please tell me so i can flog it on Ebay and get a Bass Balls or something
Try messing around with the tone knob on the Pi (I only ever use a guitar through mine, but I would guess that would have some effect since the tone is basically the treble control).
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by VoodooChild15
Try messing around with the tone knob on the Pi (I only ever use a guitar through mine, but I would guess that would have some effect since the tone is basically the treble control).

tried it doesnt work. Anyone who uses one for bass plz let me know.
Doesn't happen to me. I've never had a problem with my Muff. Check your cables, and make sure the AC plug is in all of the way.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
You can always mod it so that it will work better for bass. Easy mod too.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
are you using a USA Big Muff or a Russian Big Muff? The Russian ones respond better to bass frequencies but you could mod a USA one to do it as has been said. Also make sure your battery isnt dying, or that youre getting enough jouice out of the outlet its plugged into.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
/\ i have the american and it works fine for me. dont know what to tell you, but i would deffinately not go for a bassballs pedal. maybe take it to a shop?
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
I use an american one for my bass, and it works fine. The lowest I play on it though is a low B. Do you mean a low a on the e string? or are you down-tuned or something?
never encountered that problem before, although the lowest note my muff has to cope with is a low B. maybe it's just that the note is too low, cause muffs are meant to be guitar pedals, maybe the frequency of the note is just so low that the capacitors discharge before they charge fully? i'm not too sure, that's just a guess, but i think it has something to do with the extra low notes.
slammed my penis in the toilet seat when I was 7-8yrs old,when I tried to run away,it got caught and stretched out, now it is huge,and I have the good ol shxtter to thank

Member of the Anti-Hotpunksk8rgirl club. PM X Alkaline 3 to join
Quote by bassist1123
Maybe you just have a bad muff. Trade it in for a new one.

yeah i think i got pwned off ebay but some company. thx for the replys