Does anyone on here have one? Im wondering mainly if its work the money or should i go for a different processor. Thanks
Amp/Effects:

Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Tc-Electronic G-system
Line6 DM4

Guitars:

EBMM JP6 BFR
EBMM JP7
Taylor 314ce
i have one. i really love it. i used to have digitech multieffects and it made like any guitar sound the same. with the me-50 it sounds a lot like the actual pedals. it will sound different with different gear. the distortions are pretty good. ive had it for almost a year so ive really been able to tweak the distortion settings to get some good ones, but at first i couldnt get any good ones. the modulation effects are great. the delay is awesome. the wah is a little weak, but its good enough for me. the other expression effects are cool. its got some weird ones. the noise gate is ok. it takes a second to stop the sound when you stop, but it isnt a big problem unless you have the gain all the way up. i dont really use the compressor. i like the delay. the tone modify is cool sometimes. i like to use the acoustic tone. i dont use the others much. they are very subtle. anyway i love it and its built really tough and i expect it to last a long time
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Could it be used as a live pedal? or should i go up to a GT?
Amp/Effects:

Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Tc-Electronic G-system
Line6 DM4

Guitars:

EBMM JP6 BFR
EBMM JP7
Taylor 314ce
i havent used it live but i have practiced with a band. its very simple because its set up like a bunch of stompboxes. i belive it would be easy to use live. you can have 10 banks with 3 patches in each. usually ill do a clean, overdrive, lead or clean, light overdrive, heavy overdrive. it works good for songs that need 2 or 3 different sounds. and if you need more you can just hit a button and go to the next bank. but if you are gonna do that you might want to look into the optional bank footswitch

edit: but if i were you id check out both cuz ive never played a gt8 but they look really nice
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Alright ill check em both out. thanks
Amp/Effects:

Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Tc-Electronic G-system
Line6 DM4

Guitars:

EBMM JP6 BFR
EBMM JP7
Taylor 314ce
Quote by _Marooned_
Alright ill check em both out. thanks

i have one as well. it's great live actually. i used it in my youth group band. don't get me wrong, we played some heavy stuff for our yourh group. we would add hardcore and metal stuff into our songs. it was cool.

but i've had mine for about 2-3 years now... it's definitely awesome. it's great live, great for recording, has tons of sounds and effects, definietly good for someone starting out too. it was my first real pedal. i've been playing about 4 years now. best $300 i've ever spent... well, second best. my amp comes first. which was also $300.