We have a lot of instructional informative stuff on here .. Lots of How to 's for

guitarists but what cool tricks can you guys do ?.. and share how to do them for us

people who want to have fun with their guitar..

example:::

i figured out a while back that if i turn the gain all the way up on my distortion pedal with the volume pretty high i can talk through my pickups and it comes out of the amp .. sounds neat with a wah pedal too

so whos got control of their guitar? Whos made it their bitch?

Share with us your amazing skill
I know how to sweep pick with my teeth.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
I don't really count messing with pedals and stuff as subjugating the guitar. It's more when I manage to make noises on my LP that sound like there's a whammy bar being used (2 step bends on a pinch harmonic plus vibrato that is about 3/4 to a whole step in width sounds damn cool) or when I hit a harp harmonic just right and use it as a bridge to move a solo up an octave.
no
Quote by Weybl Himself
Dick-tapping, I think no more needs to be said.

But can you play slap bass with your testes?
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Quote by invisible_man
But can you play slap bass with your testes?

Of course, I can also use my pubes as a capo.
I can do the whole Far Beyond The Sun just by using my as5 hair
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
I can do the whole Far Beyond The Sun just by using my as5 hair

You should probably find a waxer then
Quote by Weybl Himself
You should probably find a waxer then

Nah i trim it down, if i trim it just about a cm, i could do Building The Church with no problems
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Elaborate on the Talking-through-pickup thing please.
Known.
Some.
Call.
Is.
Air.
Am?

Incoherent - yes.
Without meaning - I'm afraid not.

"Known some call is air am."
Which is to say-

"I am not what I used to be"
I can play slide guitar with my toe. It took me a couple of hours to get down, but eventually, it worked.

EDIT:
If I put my guitar really close to my radio speaker, you can kinda hear the radio over my amp.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
my amp was picking up a random german radio station. twas quite strange.

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
I **** my guitar.

Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
Elaborate on the Talking-through-pickup thing please.

if you have an amp with a gain nob, turn the gain ALL the way up ... Turn your

distortion pedal on and turn up the tone, distortion and maybe the level all the way

up too. You'll probably hear annoying feed back like crazy so keep your hand on the

strings when your not playing or talking . then you kind of have to lift the guitar to

your mouth , put your lips kinda close to the strings and yell sing or whatever into

your pick ups. you should hear it coming out of the amp ...

p.s.---- i think someone else said this, but you can put your pick ups up to a radio or a phone up to the pick ups and get some cool sounds out of that ..
Hey I got a question, does anyone know how to make that noise, its sound kinda erm, I cant explain but look at this video real fast, its in the begining and he makes a weird kinda squeeky noise...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYyJzPumfZc
My Gear

Marshal MG250DFX
Fender Standard HSS Strat
Jackson JS30
Ibanez AEG20E Acoustic
Quote by Alhambra
Hey I got a question, does anyone know how to make that noise, its sound kinda erm, I cant explain but look at this video real fast, its in the begining and he makes a weird kinda squeeky noise...

i dont know .. something involving a really long slide on the lower strings with the whammy bar.. but thats an "ive no clue, makin stuff up "guess on my part
A dive bomb, with a harmonic while returning and continue pulling up a whole step.
A couple of things; I can make my guitar sound like an animal scattering in the bushes (by using my wah pedal). I can also make my guitar do random squeaks by putting the inputs in the wrong places on the wah wah pedal and turning it on. (It made these "EEKidy EEK EEK" sounds )
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Quote by Alhambra

That little screechin like metal clunky thing? its easy, just lightly put your finger on a string and do a legato on that string. High gain is a must.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
oh cool, thanks man, that is pretty easy
My Gear

Marshal MG250DFX
Fender Standard HSS Strat
Jackson JS30
Ibanez AEG20E Acoustic
Quote by add45
A couple of things; I can make my guitar sound like an animal scattering in the bushes (by using my wah pedal). I can also make my guitar do random squeaks by putting the inputs in the wrong places on the wah wah pedal and turning it on. (It made these "EEKidy EEK EEK" sounds )

i wanna hear more about this animal scattering into the bushes thing