so me and my neighbor were walking around when we saw a pile of junk on the curb of someone's house. We were lookin through it and found a peavey speaker and not wanting to pass this up i ran home to grab the truck to haul it home. after moving the speakers we found a head n took that thing too. took it home, set it up, and it works PERFECTLY! Its a Peavey Mark III series amp and head from 1979. 1st question, is that a solid state or a tube amp? i tried lookin it up but reviews said both. 2nd questions, do i sell that sucker (i could get 500-600 bucks on eBay) or do i keep it (it wouldnt be a questions if i knew if it was a tube or not) thanks.
Look for the tubes?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
if its a tube amp you should be able to see the tubes, turn it on and see if there is a glow coming from inside the amp either in fron or in the back, there should at least be ventilation holes in the back to help prevent the tubes from overheating.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
It's a bass amp hmmm...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Look if there's valves, play it and see if you like it and wanna keep it.
If not, sell it and buy something you want.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
It's a bass amp, and I've seen them go for 1-200 bucks on eBay.

Just keep it and be happy.
haha
Haha.......... I thoughtzorz you foundzorz a Marshall MK.III or a Mesa Mk.IIIzorzozrzo 11111one11oneone11e1
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Okay

I owned a mid 80's Peavey Mark III 300CHS

What does the head say on the back?

If its a 1970's Two channel you have the amp Iron Maidens bassist played.

I loved my Peavey, lots of growl, extremely powerfull. Weighed a ton, but was reliable as hell once I repaced the jacks (The old ones had rusted out )

Here's what mine looked like with the matching 1x15

Guitars
MIM Fender Telecaster
Art & Lutherie Cedar
1969 EKO Ranchero
G&L Tribute L2500

Amps
Traynor YCV40WR
Yorkville BM400H
Peavey TVX 4x10

Effects
Behringer DSP1000
Dunlop GCB95 Wah
Digitech HotRod
BBE Sonic Stomp
Still....... AMPEGS RULEZ
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!