im wanting to start lerning to play the blues and i dont know were to start can anyone help me?
Quote by L_Z_Nut
Who is this "Billy Joe Armstrong" you guys are talking about..... sounds made up to me.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
my penis is like 6 inches. i measured with a measuring tape and accidentally let it go, so i have cuts down the side.

RIP heaven's gate
Last edited by brandendude at Sep 24, 2006,
Learn the 12 bar blues in the key of A. easy stuff that is always fun to play and solo over
Semi-Hollow Body guitars work well with Blues. Same with Fender Strats. I'm not sure what else to tell you. Ehm, learn the Blues Scale, that would help because it is called the BLUES scale. Although, some people use it and it isn't the blues.
Sent from my iPad.
Learn yourself some pentatonics, learn the 12 bar blues, and buy yourself some blues CDs.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Definitely listen to lots of blues. And don't worry about get a new guitar like paintITblack39 said. I don't think he really was listening.
Learn to play with the shuffle rythm. It's more important for the bassist, but it's part of the blues sound.
Quote by Strat_Monkey
Learn yourself some pentatonics, learn the 12 bar blues, and buy yourself some blues CDs.

+1
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
Everywhere? Probably somewhere on this site. Pentatonic scales (especially the minor) are present in almost all forms of modern music, so that's simple. I'd explain twelve bar blues but unfotunately I'm a lazy bastard.

By the way, you also might want the blues scale, which is the minor pentatonic with the flattened fifth thrown in there.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.