Everyone is always talking about how much they hate Green Day, and, quite frankly, it leaves me frustrated and confused. I mean, really, what's wrong with them? If anyone on here can give me a good legit reason for hating my favorite band of all time, Green Day, then I will stop listening to them and join your league of Green Day bashers.
So? Anyone up to the challenge?
Cause I love feelin' dirty
And I love feelin' cheap
And I love it when you hurt me
So drive those staples deep
They're just another band trying to maximize their fame on bashing bush rather than make music outside of a few power chords. I know lyrics are a matter of opinion but, I've never been remotely impressed by them.I would be willing to bet that in 5 to 10, maybe less, years this band will be dead.
dude... i'm all about green day and all. they're music is introkit, and all that jazz (naaay... punk) ... but, think to yourself for one moment. these fellas are quite old to be singing about how they have no authority.... dude.. they have full fledged families and children who are probably entering primary school by now. they're rich... they HAVE authority. that's all i have against them. honestly.
green day kinda sucks becuz they have no talent and they kind of sold out with American Idiot being more mainstream than even Dookie

my reason, not my opinion
Quote by jackson001
They're just another band trying to maximize their fame on bashing bush rather than make music outside of a few power chords. I know lyrics are a matter of opinion but, I've never been remotely impressed by them.I would be willing to bet that in 5 to 10, maybe less, years this band will be dead.

ha. you do know they've been around for at least 10 years now, and put out more records than you?

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
They don't suck, but their songs get annoying as hell after the 50th time you've heard them against your will.
Quote by larry jones
green day kinda sucks becuz they have no talent and they kind of sold out with American Idiot being more mainstream than even Dookie

my reason, not my opinion

so being more successful than you were ten years ago = selling out?
that is **** logic. im not saying they are the greatest band in the world but to say they have no talent is well...dumb. personaly the stuff on american idiot is more intelligent than anything else they have ever put out and quit frankly the music on this disc is incredulous.
Jackson001- GD did not decide to bash Bush to maximize their fame. Putting that album out there could have gone either way, noone knew for sure whether or not it was going to be accepted. They probably didn't even care.
Neither did they bash Bush because they can't play outside music with powerchords. They have been playing for fifteen using majorly powerchords, and it didn't seem to be a problem before, look at Dookie's success. So why would they, out of the blue, suddenly think," Hmmm? Let's bash Bush to make up for our 'shortcoming' that has worked for years and years now, bringing nothing but success."
And don't even think they'll be breaking up anytime soon. They have been doing this for over fifteen years, I don't think they will be throwing in the towel just yet.

larry jones- GD isn't a "sellout". What does that mean anyway? Just because they became famous and managed to become mainstream, doesn't mean they're sellouts. That just means they have good music. Plain and simple.

Rebourne- True, it does get annoying after the millionth time, but that isn't their fault. People keep requesting the songs because they're good, and they keep showing the music videos because they're good. It's just too many people liking it, they can't help that. Besides, if you're going to hate a band because their songs have gotten annoying, listen to the songs not played a billion times on the radio. Don't totally disreguard a band jsut because they're songs are overplayed.

Nice try!

Thanks to Heyjohnnypark!, Emenius Sleepus, and Girl-tarist for backing me up. Ya'll rock!
And I love feelin' cheap
Overrated. They dry-humped society's hate for Bush and became money hungry. Much like a once-hot hooker who got an STD and everyone started to hate her, and that means less ****ing, which means less pay. So she started to rape some people and there you have it... GREENDAY!
That's all I wanted to do as a kid. Play a guitar properly and jump around. But too many people got in the way. -Syd Barrett
I dont think Good Riddance will ever die. and u can be assured that whatever pub u are in, when the band play when i come around every starts singing along. to say that they will not be remembered in 10 years is just stupid...the bands that dont get remembered are the less famous underground bands. This is a world dominated by pop culture so u better get used to the fact that green day, a band who has been popular for over 10 years, are going to be remembered for a long time
I don't hate Green Day at all. They are my favourite bands. Everyone should listen to Only of You, The Judges Daughter and Dry Ice, then try calling BJ a crap guitarist.
Quote by heyjohnnypark!
so being more successful than you were ten years ago = selling out?
that is **** logic. im not saying they are the greatest band in the world but to say they have no talent is well...dumb. personaly the stuff on american idiot is more intelligent than anything else they have ever put out and quit frankly the music on this disc is incredulous.

Incredulous....I don't know what this means but it better not be calling them good musicians.
They're talentless, they're sellouts, and there fans are always ****ing whinging about the fact that people hate greenday GET OVER IT!

I don't hate Green Day at all. They are my favourite bands. Everyone should listen to Only of You, The Judges Daughter and Dry Ice, then try calling BJ a crap guitarist.

Try listening to John Petrucci and then call BJ a good guitarist.
Last edited by Necrofied at Sep 24, 2006,
A Willard- Green Day is not overrated. They are an awesome band and they deserve every compliment they get. It's not that they are overrated, it's just they're applauded and praised for the same things repeatedly. The compliments are deserved, they're just repeated by everyone, which may be annoying. There's a difference.
To the whole " Bashing Bush for money" thing, this was solved already and proved to be an incompetent reason, nice try. Check out my comment to Jackson001, he said the same thing.
And the hooker analogy.... very clever. It's actually really funny, but not true. Green Day has not "raped" anyone, they don't make you listen to their music. If you were to have heard this on your own, before it exploded, I'm sure you would have thought it kicked ass. Just the fact that it is overplayed, kept you from liking it, understandable. But you must know, the overplaying is not their fault and the value of their awesome songs shouldn't be based on how often you hear them. It was the radio and television media that killed the songs, not lack of talent. There is a difference.

Thanks to Jhardcore and Minor Prize for commenting, you guys rock.
And I love feelin' cheap
Dang, I missed two guys. Okay, here goes...

319- Don't insult Green Day, without providing a reason for it. Otherwise, I would appreciate it if you took your comment off, thank you!

Necrofied- Who says they're talentless? Can you please specify? I mean, obviously they have some talent, how else would they be able to write, put together, and then perform their kick-ass songs? At least doing half of that, even badly, requires some talent and aptitude. What exactly about them sucks? Guitar? Lyrics? Singing? Drumming? Their Look? Specify!
And I have already discussed the whole "sellout" thing, see above. Unless you have some new reasons to support that statement, that reason is officially void. Too bad, nice try though.
No matter how dumb their fans may be, and I will admit I can be pretty dumb sometimes, you can not hold them responsible for our stupidity. Try again.

Anyone else?
And I love feelin' cheap
Quote by Necrofied
They're talentless, they're sellouts, and there fans are always ****ing whinging about the fact that people hate greenday GET OVER IT!

Try listening to John Petrucci and then call BJ a good guitarist.

Considering Petrucci is in a progressive rock band and BJ is in a punk rock band they can't really be compared and saying they are talentless is just being stupid, considering that they are all much better than you will ever be.