Alright, I'm getting kinda pissed off at my ABR-1 bridge. The stupid saddle screws keeping coming loose, or popping the wire out.

So I was gonna go buy a Nashville Tune-o-Matic. However, StewMac.com sells them with unnotched saddles.

How do I go about slotting the saddles?

I considered just buying the String Saver saddles, because they come slotted. But honestly, I've never had problems with breaking strings, and I pick aggressively...So I think they would both look out of place and just be an unnecessary monetary expendature.

Advice on either how to improve the ABR, or how to slot the Nashville saddles?
Last edited by forsaknazrael at Sep 24, 2006,
Alright, I'm getting kinda pissed off at my ABR-1 bridge. The stupid saddle screws keeping coming loose, or popping the wire out.

So I was gonna go buy a Nashville Tune-o-Matic. However, StewMac.com sells them with unnotched saddles.

How do I go about slotting the saddles?

I considered just buying the String Saver saddles, because they come slotted. But honestly, I've never had problems with breaking strings, and I pick aggressively...So I think they would both look out of place and just be an unnecessary monetary expendature.

Advice on either how to improve of ABR, or how to slot the Nashville saddles

I have the same question too.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Oh yeah, huh. You just got a Nashville tune-o-matic, too...huh.
I don't feel like taking it to my local shop. They could probably do it...but...ya know.
I had the same problem. I took a dremel and tried to notch them out but ****, the metal used in the saddles is soft.
Go with the string savers. They'll look fine.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Triangular file? That's how I slotted my lap steel bridge
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
problably, it just has to be smooth as hell so it wont break the strings, you could use a jewelry file, maby a square one, and file the knotch in there. and maby look into a round knotch, i've never seen them but i bet they wouldnt break as many strings..
Right, right, wouldn't want any burrs on the saddles. Gah, String Saver saddles are like an extra 27 bucks...lame.
Last edited by forsaknazrael at Sep 25, 2006,