ive been playing guitar for a little over 2 years now, and i really love it, i still do it every day, and im pretty confident in how i play....but im starting to realize being a guitarist in a band is real hard, cus theres just so damn many of us. i wanna learn bass or drums, but im not sure which. im thinking about taking lessons on drums for a few weeks, and if i like it buy a set (i just got a job and makin about 150 a week), that or a bass. honestly, drums appeal to me way more, bass seems just like a less interesting guitar to me, ive played before. but there almost none here, and could get in a band easily.

i donno, what do you think would be better to learn? bass or drums? im confused. also how much would i have to spend to get a decent drum set? (nothin fancy, just a little bit above a beginner ****ty one).
you can probably get a mediocre drum kit for around $500-$700 but bass would be easier for you to slide into probably because its simmilar to guitar in terms of scalse and whatnot, but i would suggest you try both and see which you like more. Oh and bass can be every bit as interesting as guitar if you know how play it well.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
drums are well fun. i play guitar and at college i just get on the kit all the time and have learned to play a few decent beats