But what amp should I get to acheive the tone Im after?I was thinking about the Genz Benz El Diablo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zus2b87NBd4

Thing is I LOVE that raw tone when I saw this video I rememberd what tone I wanted for high gain. I want a raw high gained tone thats yet good for leads. Still I'd like to have my tone smoth when playing leads I don't want a blues kinda lead tone if you know what I mean.
I want a raw high gain tone thats gets a bit smoother when playing leads. The hard rock tones should be about the same. BUT at the same time I want to be able to change my tone so It gets smoother so I don't get bored of the RAWness. My low gain tones should atleast have a vintage vibe or sound a bit vintage if you know what I mean. A bit like a plexi some good ol' marshall crunch with a small amount of gain basically. My cleans should be fender like probably, punchy. Now I know what I want for kinda tone. But on lower gain ( hard rock , rock) I also want then amp to be able to sound RAW. Finally! I know what I want!
Out of this what would you recommend me in the same budget of the ED? I actully think the ED would be too compressed/ smooth check these clips http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tehX...h?v=zdRYSryat5s
The second link doesn't work.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Search youtube for Genz Benz then please bother!
Also I think I prefer dark high gain before bright!
I prefer dark tones more too.. but dude, that tone sucks. Its thin and weak.
and his this SS vibe to it that I'm not liking.

I prefer them to be thick and full sounding when I speak of tone.
Haha. Thats great. Mattias is really amazing in a way...

He uses a 100 dollar solid state amp, and a crappy distortion pedal and sounds absolutely amazing.

Through this video he goes through his gear.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxq0xvSJojw

EDIT: Amps here

http://www.pignoseamps.com/?disp=master&subcat=gorilla
Last edited by TimmyPage06 at Sep 24, 2006,
He also uses laneys just so you know! Also I doubt he used the gorilla amp in that video he probably used a laney.(Just guessing though) I like that tone only It could of been a bit darker. But mostly the rawness is what Im after. No amp suggestions? Do you think the ED could get that tone? Come on chappies show me your opinions!
I'm sure it could... the Diablo is a versatile little bastard, I know that much. I loved mine when I had it.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
^Is it comparable to a JSX or the Mk series (in terms of versatility)??
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Am I the only one who found the tone in that video repulsive?
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen

I did, too
Quote by That_Pink_Queen

Well, if you look at things in perspective, for a metal tone it wasn't that bad
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
i didn't really like it at all...
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by El Codyo
Your in luck if your after that tone, I think GC still has Line 6 Spider II's on sale.
These go to eleven...
Seems like I kinda like the wrong tone.... I seems to have a horrible taste..... No suggestions at all?
Quote by That_Pink_Queen

Am I the only one who thought that whole video was just blah?
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

Quote by Cmogi10
Am I the only one who thought that whole video was just blah?

Nope, but I like the tone!
Still NO SUGGESTIONS? Come on! I didn't ask you for your opinions about the clip/video I need suggestions for a AMP!
Quote by Iliketapping
Nope, but I like the tone!

The tone sounded like squeaky fart
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit