btw i like a wide range of sounds from the new pickups

plzzzz do help
hahahahahaha

"wide range of sounds", "EMGs"

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Quote by tryhardslash
dude like every song has disortion

and its called distorting
Emg's are mostly for hi gain metal. if you want a wide range look at passive pups like duncans or dimarzio
I Survived The "Silent Deftone Cocksucking Forum"!-August 15th, 2006
Tone Zone 7 / Air Norton 7
The classic RG pickup combo.
Originally posted by priest.fan.
yeah, I suffered deep emotional scars when I learned that easter was in fact about jesus, and not a giant bunny sneaking into peoples houses uninvited
the budget is around 300 pounds...n i have to buy a new amp n a pair of pickups aswell
the thing is ...im in china..... soo things are considerably cheaper here
anyways ..... cant anyone advise a well suited pickup for the guitar RG1527
n a nice amp too ........thanx
n yeaaa btw wats the difference between passive n active....where as performance is concerned
Actives use batteries, thus they have a strong signal. Hence why David Gilmour uses EMG single coils.
fyi you will need to resize the pickup cavity for emg 707s to fit as there the same size as bass pickups
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
If you fit EMG's you will also have to change the pots in your guitar, otherwise they wont work.

Are you sure these things are much cheaper in china. I just dont imagne that american made pickups can be shipped half way round the world and then sold cheaper (i.e after export duty, import tax and shipping).

Please dont be offended by this but at the moment there seems to be a lot of fake guitars and parts coming out of china, are you sure the equipment you have and the stuff being offered for sale is real.
well there pretty much the same price......wat i meant with things being cheaper was with the amps....
there assembled here localy ..n then exported soo there much cheaper here than they might be in lets say the US n UK
btw has anybody noticed that all the old guitarists used dimarzio....n none of the newer crowd uses those pickups...
i mean all solo guitarists like petrucii,satirani n vai use these pickups.....but none of the newer crowd used them
try DiMarzio X2N 7 and a PAF 7, that's what I'm gonna put in my DC727... when I get it in 3 months
Gear

Son Of Beast *IDW it anymore*
Peavey 6505+ Head
Marshall 1960A Cab

Quote by Draken
Guys relax if you can't joke about genocide then what can you do?