So my first song, i'm abit unsure about my singing voice on this. Obviously its the one called Fill in the Pieces. Did it one take, and theres about two mistakes in their i think. Fairly simple too, thinkning about adding a solo in. Anyway tell me what you think and i'll crit yours right back.

www.myspace.com/daneveritt
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
Um anyone, for fucks sake what is it with these boards?

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
Don't worry people will get to it in time.
Your guitar sounds slightly out of tune. You might need to move your guitar further away from the microphone too, because it seems to be overloading the mic a bit. I like the riff you play leading into the verses. The vocals are okay, but not amazing. You can improve on your vocals with time. Your tone is good, thats important.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=437220 crit this one, another guy in my band posted it, but its my band nonetheless.
Quote by AloneInMyPlace
Don't worry people will get to it in time.
Your guitar sounds slightly out of tune. You might need to move your guitar further away from the microphone too, because it seems to be overloading the mic a bit. I like the riff you play leading into the verses. The vocals are okay, but not amazing. You can improve on your vocals with time. Your tone is good, thats important.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=437220 crit this one, another guy in my band posted it, but its my band nonetheless.

Hey thanks, I've only just started to really sing, and it thik the mic is abit ****..it's from the eighties lol. Thank you anyway

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
Love the accent. Where in the UK are you from?

The singing was somewhat monotone and you seemed not perfectly convinced if you were singing the right note. The solo was out of key I'm afraid, and didn't quite fit in. I know, singing is hard and I couldn't do any better, but I think (and sincerely hope!) practice is the key to success.

Also, use a popshield which can easily be homebuilt from a bit of curtain or old tights and some wire for the vocals, to avoid loud "p" and "b" sounds when singing dynamically (which was not often a problem on this recording, you were probably singing at bedroom volume).
Quote by SabertoothSheep
Love the accent. Where in the UK are you from?

The singing was somewhat monotone and you seemed not perfectly convinced if you were singing the right note. The solo was out of key I'm afraid, and didn't quite fit in. I know, singing is hard and I couldn't do any better, but I think (and sincerely hope!) practice is the key to success.

Also, use a popshield which can easily be homebuilt from a bit of curtain or old tights and some wire for the vocals, to avoid loud "p" and "b" sounds when singing dynamically (which was not often a problem on this recording, you were probably singing at bedroom volume).

Shropshire.

Well I don;t know if you listened to the old one or the new one. I re-recorded the singing for that, i'll probably go an re-record the solo now lol. It was in my bedroom, me being un-confident about my singing and my mother being in the house, I didn't want to sing too loud . I'll re-record when she's gone =]. Thanks for the input.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
Last edited by Cpt.Jackass at Sep 25, 2006,