so that's basically what i need, something to practice with at home, possibly with a friend sometimes, but it's not very likely i'll have to use it in a band...
the stuff i play is mostly classic hard rock (think AC/DC or GN'R) but i'd also like a decent clean channel.
i was looking at the roland cube 15 (haven't tried it yet) and that's what my budget is roughly. i could also get a bit bigger amp used for that money (something like 30w) so i was wondering how big the difference between 15w and 30w really is...
any advices? don't say microcube because of the effects, i don't really mind the lack of those on cube 15...
thanks.
Member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
Vox Valvetronix
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
^second
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
I'll second the Valvetronix
Guitars
MIM Fender Telecaster
Art & Lutherie Cedar
1969 EKO Ranchero
G&L Tribute L2500

Amps
Traynor YCV40WR
Yorkville BM400H
Peavey TVX 4x10

Effects
Behringer DSP1000
Dunlop GCB95 Wah
Digitech HotRod
BBE Sonic Stomp
whatever you do, dont get any kind of marshall under 50 watts OR with mgdfx written on it. you will be sorely disappointed. i didn't really enjoy any of the cubes either, to tell you the truth
Quote by bi-ah!
this is UG
of course they're going to say
0H it'5 @ jAcK50l\l!??!?!
iT i5 TeH p\/\/naG3!!!

but yeah its fine
i guess you mean the ad15vt one... would it be ok for heavier stuff? the problem is that i'd probably have to order it (i didn't see any here), so i can't really try it out before buying...

Quote by slash_angus_VH
whatever you do, dont get any kind of marshall under 50 watts OR with mgdfx written on it. you will be sorely disappointed. i didn't really enjoy any of the cubes either, to tell you the truth

yea, i heard that about marshalls, so i'm not looking at those, but i heard that cubes are pretty decent (especially for the price).
vox valvetronix are actually really good practice amps.
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
Quote by 666_Belial
i guess you mean the ad15vt one... would it be ok for heavier stuff? the problem is that i'd probably have to order it (i didn't see any here), so i can't really try it out before buying...

Yes it has a Dual Rec. setting. Not the best, but for literally everything else it owns. The best cleans undoubtedly, fantastic classic rock and blues, quite good metal....
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
yeah, listen to the satch loving guy. it does almost everything quite well.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
ok, i'll see if i can get it... what about cube 15? i'd be easier for me to find it, cheaper, and i could try it before buying...