Well Im on a tight budget and i want to find a guitar to smash at a battle of the bands competition. Only problem is a cant go drop 300 bucks, not even 100! Where do you think i could find a guitar for around...lets say...30 dollars?
this is my signature
try a pawn shop. find the worst one there. or walk into a mom & pop shop and ask for the cheapest guitar they have. i found an acoustic for $10 that way.
go to a pawn shop, and get a cheap squier
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Second hand shop maybe, pawn shop, car boot sale? I'd give those a try.

Seriously tho smashing a guitar up is as lame and tired as anything i can think of, serious sterotype. Plus the audience will ntoice that your smashing up a different guitar from the one you have been playing all night, so its gonna look mega fake.
Don't be gay. You will look like a total angst ridden moron and no girl is going to like you any better if you take out your "rage" on a guitar. You will get laughed at.
i saw the name of this thread and thought "thats what i told that hooker!"
i dont think its gay though. i think it would look cool as hell. did hendrix look like a total angst ridden moron? no.
The rule for that is, if you're going to smash the guitar, you have to play it for at least 1 number.
[Insert Witty/Humorous Comment Here]
Quote by coquet
i dont think its gay though. i think it would look cool as hell. did hendrix look like a total angst ridden moron? no.

No, but my guess is that Hendrix would look WAY cooler than this guy even if he was wiping his A** so yeah, it's a bad idea.

Anyway, I don't like seeing anyone smashing up guitars, including Hendrix. It's disrespectful to the people who graft their arses off and scrape by just to be able to afford a decent guitar when someone smashes something up just because they can. And by the way, I'm a big fan of Nirvana, The Who and Hendrix, so it's not like I have a problem with the music. Smashing guitars seems like a good idea when you're under 18, but like anything that's "cool" before you grow up (50 Cent, Modified Cars, BC Rich) you soon grow out of it.

Edit: Smash up a BC Rich if you get a cheap one!
Quote by greggybhoy
No, but my guess is that Hendrix would look WAY cooler than this guy even if he was wiping his A** so yeah, it's a bad idea.

Anyway, I don't like seeing anyone smashing up guitars, including Hendrix. It's disrespectful to the people who graft their arses off and scrape by just to be able to afford a decent guitar when someone smashes something up just because they can. And by the way, I'm a big fan of Nirvana, The Who and Hendrix, so it's not like I have a problem with the music. Smashing guitars seems like a good idea when you're under 18, but like anything that's "cool" before you grow up (50 Cent, Modified Cars, BC Rich) you soon grow out of it.

Edit: Smash up a BC Rich if you get a cheap one!

Or even better, smash it over 50 cents head while he's driving a modified car!

But seriously, buying a cheap guitar to smash it up at the end of a show is pathetic. People should be impressed by your playing and not by the fact that you smash up a guitar. Also, venue owners generally don't like people smashing up guitars and they will charge you for any damage done to the stage.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!