Soooooo i have had my Epi G-400 for....2 years this christmas, and i am tired of the old muddy sound of the stock pickups, so what can you guys suggest as a Bridge/Neck replacement? I play mainly metal, i was thinking the DiMarzio Super Distortion? Can you recommend anything else? Preferably made by Seymour Duncan or DiMarzio. The super distortion goes in the bridge, but what for the neck?...the guitar has a mahogony body, so...suggest!
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

I'd say put A Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge and a Seymour Duncan Jazz in the neck.

Here

Here

EDIT: These are the pickups Dave Mustaine uses!
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Well my amp contributes to the muddyness, but still, not too mnany guitars come with decent pickups, these are good, its just im getting tired of the muddy neck, and i just want a change...should i get the black and white...or black and cream?..and arent those the old pickups Dave used?...does have have a signature set called Livewire now?..oh well, i heard that the JB is really bright and doesnt sound that good, but the jazz is good, can i get some further clarification on the sounds?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

JB is decent and so is the SH-2 but look into new amps as well before u buy new pups, i started a similar thread for the same reasons u did and got this advice. I dont really know if im going to buy a new amp or get new pups, but when i have the money ill make a decision.

edit: what sound are u looking for? what type of music? If u want more clarification on the sound go to the seymour duncan website and look them up.
Yeah, but for my style, my amp is good enough...im going away to college in like 2 years, so to drop 1500 dollars on a good amp will be hard for me to do, because i dont have much money and it will take me almost 2 years just to get that money, then i have to leave it here when i go away to college. I will look into the JB/Jazz though, and in my first post (i think) it says im into mainly metal, i need an old school metal sound, like Black Sabbath, Anthrax, that style..and im getting a Hot Rail for the bridge in my strat copy
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

get emg-81
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
Yeah, but for my style, my amp is good enough...im going away to college in like 2 years, so to drop 1500 dollars on a good amp will be hard for me to do, because i dont have much money and it will take me almost 2 years just to get that money, then i have to leave it here when i go away to college. I will look into the JB/Jazz though, and in my first post (i think) it says im into mainly metal, i need an old school metal sound, like Black Sabbath, Anthrax, that style..and im getting a Hot Rail for the bridge in my strat copy

The Jazz in the neck should be great man, I've played the JB/Jazz before and it's probably the best pickups SD have going for them right now. Also, maybe a DiMarzio PAF of some sort? Hell, maybe even an EVO! I know those are VERY articulate with almost zero mud. Maybe see if you can try any guitars with any of these pickups in them to see how they sound?

Quote by flyingmarlin
get emg-81

an 81 in the neck through a solid state amp........nice...
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
I reccomend Evolutions. You can find them on ebay. I put some in my RG570 and loved it.