Poll: Do you believe in aliens?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you believe in aliens?
Yes, I believe in intelligent life outside.
79 53%
Yes, I believe in non-intelligent life, but life outside our planet.
14 9%
Yes, but I am unsure what kind of life I believe exists.
44 30%
No, I do not believe aliens exist.
10 7%
Voters: 148.
Page 1 of 2
I am doing a speech on "Extraterrestrial life" and I was curious. How many of you believe in Extraterrestrial life AKA aliens? Do you believe they are intelligent or just bacteria?

EDIT: it'd be great if you could also post why you voted what you voted for.
EDIT II: the first one is supposed to say "Yes, I believe in intelligent life outside our planet earth."
Last edited by ckellingc at Sep 24, 2006,
the universe is so big, so the posibilities is always there.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
I say definately. Earth is so young compared to the rest of the universe, and look how far (or not..) we've gotten.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
For example,
We may observe a bee's nest and they probably wouldnt be very aware of our presence as long as we did it skilfully

Same way anyone/thing could be watching us..

Or maybe we just havent been discovered yet..
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
there is life on earth because of a perfect combination of hundreds of thousands of variables.

it must be that somewhere in our universe, these variables all repeat themselves, and a planet just like earth must exist.
Well, from what I see on TV all the time, intelligent life could ONLY exist outside Earth.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
i believe in aliens, haha, i bet the aliens out there ask the same thing, if there is any out there...
it's inevitable for there to be life out there, and intelligent life is bound to be out there, even if they're just discovering fire...
Well if aliens don't exist, how the hell am I gonna explain to my mom and dad about there being 15 foot satellite stored in my rectum?!!?!
I don't.

I just think that 'life' is such an amazing thing that it amazes me that it exists in ONE place, let alone in others too.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
I believe that there has to be life outside of here, Whether it be on mars or on other galaxies around the universe. Every star can have a solar system around it pretty much. But we will never know because it;s too far away unless earth does last a long time.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
there must be life out somewhere but it's highly unlikely we'll ever find it

The distances between solar systems are so vast they can't be crossed in a lifetime not even 100 lifetimes. As it's impossible to go faster than light it would take over 1000 years to reach the nearest planet - no one can live long enough to reach the nearest planet so we'll never find out if there is life outside earth. but in asnwer to your question i think there is life but no intelligent life
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Anything to help you my dear...

I believe in intelligent life outside planet eath because how else could you explain the sudden disappearence of dolphins?
Quote by julio1987
Anything to help you my dear...

I believe in intelligent life outside planet eath because how else could you explain the sudden disappearence of dolphins?

So true, So true.

What about in our solar system? Any of you believe in other lifeforms in this solar system besides on earth.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Quote by doive
there must be life out somewhere but it's highly unlikely we'll ever find it

The distances between solar systems are so vast they can't be crossed in a lifetime not even 100 lifetimes. As it's impossible to go faster than light it would take over 1000 years to reach the nearest planet - no one can live long enough to reach the nearest planet so we'll never find out if there is life outside earth. but in asnwer to your question i think there is life but no intelligent life

Do you mean other planets outside our solar system? Because it would only take about a year to get to Mars..
Theres gotta be some kind of life out ther, weitha is 2 headed worms on a volcanic moon, or some giant robotic tripod monsters....
We are not alone, did you ever watch X-Files!!? Sheesh!
i doubt that aliens exist. i dont believe in it.
theres no scientific proof.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
for all we know there could be another planet earth out there somewhere, we just dont know, and they're probably thinking exactly the same thing
Quote by mw7
didn't they find a rock with a bacterium in it in antartica, which they said came from mars?
One word; Extremites. A scientific word for something that excists in an unfathomable area.

The problem with us humans is that when we decide something is right or wrong, its written in stone. Just think about it. We all talk about how the galaxy is infinite, but thats actually just a theory branching from the theory of the big bang. People like to bring up the ideas of the variables and constants, that life on Earth is only possible because they are exact. Bull crap. Scientists have found that constants and variables can change. Also, its not like life simply appears if the variables allow, life has to adapt to it. And if life can adapt to our variables, it can adapt to another planet's set. This is where Extremites come into the picture. Micro-organisms that live in unimaginably harsh climates are quite possibly the basis of life in every form. Things so adaptable they live quite possibly isolated from anything else.

In all honesty, I have no idea how people can believe that our planet is the only bastion of life.
#21 OF THE NON-CONFORMIST CLUB
Quote by Zukev
One word; Extremites. A scientific word for something that excists in an unfathomable area.

The problem with us humans is that when we decide something is right or wrong, its written in stone. Just think about it. We all talk about how the galaxy is infinite, but thats actually just a theory branching from the theory of the big bang. People like to bring up the ideas of the variables and constants, that life on Earth is only possible because they are exact. Bull crap. Scientists have found that constants and variables can change. Also, its not like life simply appears if the variables allow, life has to adapt to it. And if life can adapt to our variables, it can adapt to another planet's set. This is where Extremites come into the picture. Micro-organisms that live in unimaginably harsh climates are quite possibly the basis of life in every form. Things so adaptable they live quite possibly isolated from anything else.

In all honesty, I have no idea how people can believe that our planet is the only bastion of life.

Our galaxy isn't infinite, retard.... thats pretty well accepted... And if you meant the universe is infinte... no one said it is. its expanding (according to theory) so if its expanding, it can't possibly be infinite... Constants and variables change? I could've sworn constants were.... constant... and varibables could ~vary~. I had no idea that constants could change, but oh well, guess i learned something new.............................................

other than that, I agree.
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

"Hey Mike, did your mom have a C section when she gave birth to you? Because I wanna make sure she's tight before I bang her."
There probably are but they haven't visited earth.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by mw7

There's no proof now, but there may be in the future.
Changed signature after 4 years.

Will take some time to make a new one.
IMO its a 100% certain (taking into consideration just how huge the universe is) That theres alot of life out there.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
alien buttsecks?
Quote by Metallica708
A guy from Norway with a bottle of beer in his hand.

Now with all the money in the world
You can't buy my respect
Yeah, it's just a matter of pride
But that's all I've got left
Quote by Fyre Deity
Our galaxy isn't infinite, retard.... thats pretty well accepted... And if you meant the universe is infinte... no one said it is. its expanding (according to theory) so if its expanding, it can't possibly be infinite... Constants and variables change? I could've sworn constants were.... constant... and varibables could ~vary~. I had no idea that constants could change, but oh well, guess i learned something new.............................................

other than that, I agree.

Just because it's expanding, doesn't mean it can't be infinite. The space between planets and solar constelations is ~expanding~.

Member #8 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Wow, I didn't realise so many people believed in aliens.

I knew I was in the minority, but not that I was SO minoritised (stfu, it's a word )

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
no, ufo your built by the nazis
Quote by sg255
This fine fellow speaks the truth.

Quote by GD_GC
dude sonic music??? you're my hero!

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
Quote by frenchyfungus
Wow, I didn't realise so many people believed in aliens.

I knew I was in the minority, but not that I was SO minoritised (stfu, it's a word )

Aww frenchy i thought you were one of us
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Quote by Mad Marius
Well, from what I see on TV all the time, intelligent life could ONLY exist outside Earth.

On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by fronkpies
Aww frenchy i thought you were one of us

Nah Fronk, I'm one of the 8.74%

I just think that Life is such an amazing thing that it's a complete miracle it happened ONCE, let alone in other places.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
i'm kinda thinking there surely must be something else, there's so much stuff out there, if we ever find it, that's another matter, what are the chances of it.
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
I believe it somewhat. Not too long ago many people had been seeing red lights in the sky. I mean these weren't just small glimpses, I mean there was lots. I mean LOTS. They would stay in the sky for like 20-40 minutes at a time. They would appear every 1 or 3 nights.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=ufo%20sightings%20waterhen%20lake&btnG=Search&sa=N&tab=iw

There are some of the stories on it.
There will be bacteria out there. I doubt there is intelligent (as us) life in our Solar System at least, or we would've found them by now.
Page 1 of 2