ok now im not very knowledgable about amps so i need some help. well i have a marshall avt 20, yes i know how u guys feel about it, well anyway i like it but lately when i use effects with a lot of distortion the sound seems to cut off. also if i pick in different ways some will sound and some sound like it wants to come out but it just wont. it works fine if i use it with other effects or with none at all. also i seem to be gettin more fuzz when i use its built it overdrive. please tell me what happen or what i need to do to fix it.
It kinda seems like your speaker is dying. (Haha figures, its an AVT). If thats the case you could replace the speaker, but its just not worth it in that amp, so Id get a new amp. But anyways wait for some other peoples opinions.
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
That's kinda what happens with those million-in-one amps. If you push a lot of effects, it's gunna sound horrible. You're probably just gunna have to stick to one or two things at a time.
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
damn so it sounds like im in trouble then. how much do you think i can get for a used marshall avt 20, its only like a year old too. wat the hell!!!
I don't know how much it would help, or if it's worth it, but you could try swapping the preamp tube in it with a new one, something of better quality preferrably. I had looked into it when I owned one, but never got around to taking it apart. I don't really know how much it "actually" affects the sound, but a preamp tube is only like $7-8, so it would be cheap enough to try. Guys on another forum told me it made a positive difference, but again, I never heard it myself. Depending how mechanically inclined you are, it should be easy to get the chassis out of the cabinet. There should be 4 screws in the top that hold it up, take those out, and lower it down carefully. Inside the metal chassis, there should be a 12AX7 preamp tube and a retainer clip that holds it. Just be careful not to poke around in there other than to replace the tube, there are capacitors that can hold a lethal charge even when the amp is off.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
do you mean the built-in effects on the amp or stompboxes? if its pedals then you probably just have some loose inserts in the pedals or low batteries assuming you're not using power supplies to power them.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
ok let me explain it better. the problem is when i use a heavy distortion ( now theres nothing wrong with my pedal is an boss me-50) the sound seems to cut off. yes it does sound as if there is a loose connection, but as soon as i take the distortion off and use anything else its fine. there is also a problem when i use the amp's overdrive, it has extreme static or fuzz as the gain goes past 3 or 4.
Well the problem with the static or fuzz is cause youre using an AVT lol. Im not 100% sure, someone should be able to help soon
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
lol yes i know i made the mistake of gettin the atv. i called the music and its under warrenty so theres no more need to worry. as soon as they replace it i will trade it in for a vox valvetronix ad30 i believe its called, cant go wrong there right???
The Vox AD30VT is a good amp, personally i dont like it, but all in all its a good amp.
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
It just doesnt suit my style (I play a lot of metal and hardcore) and it just doesnt do that well. And also its not great at loud volumes, but its a good little amp.
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT