good question
i downloaded virtual drums some time ago...
but it sounds terrible
it's like rave...
Hold my breath
as I wish for death
Oh please god wake me
acoustica beat craft isnt bad but all drum machines sound way to fake imo.
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
the only thing i can imagine is guitar pro 5
it's altough not the best drum sound
but it's okay
Hold my breath
as I wish for death
Oh please god wake me
you probably arent going to get anything that sounds good for free. i use Fruity Loops which doesnt exactly sound real, but sounds ok. it is not free, however it does have a free demo you can try. i think that most sequencers should be able to serve you to make drums, tho the only one ive ever tried is Reason. it was ok, but the demo cuts out after 20 min, which wasnt enough time for me to play around with so i didnt like it much.
do you have a mac... cause doggiebox s amazing.,... and its even possible to make good sounding tracks with just the free demo...
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Stratocaster
Fender Telecaster
Boss TU-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss OD-2
Boss TR-2
Boss RV-3 (best pedal ever!)
Boss BF-3
Line 6 DL4
Peavy Delta Blues 2x10
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Blues Junior
There are some great free samples out there, but you'll need a sampler, obviously.

I've been using DFH Superior and I love it! Of course, it's not exactly free.

Brandon
try out acoustica beatcraft, they have a free trial period, but you can't export to mp3, so you gotta mic your computer speakers
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
FL Studio (aka fruity loops) is good and sounds pretty real if you get good samples and use some reverb. Its not free though. We really need a sticky on this.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Recommended threads
Nyhc
kurtrip
Last post:
by Cianyx
Leave
shoebox_of_lies
Last post:
by Melonhead2