yea i currently have a peavey xxl and its starting to sound sterile to me so i was wondering whats a good tube metal amp? i like the sound clips on kranks website but ive heard that the amps sound nothing like what the website makes them out ot be. so any post would be appreciated o and budgetwise id be willin to spend about $2500
Quote by Vermintide
In Soviet Russia, bar searches YOU!!!

Last edited by ac/dc_freak91 at Sep 24, 2006,
Price Range?

And what do you mean by Metal? When some people here say metal they mean AC/DC, some mean Trivium, some mean Necrophagist. What bands do you mostly play?
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
i like some of the randall head, i forgot which one it was but theres on on musicians friend that is soo damn heavy its almost satanic
Sex is good
Sex is fine
Doggy Style & 69
Just for fun
Or gettin paid
Everyone likes gettin laid
i like to play trivium, pantera, children of bodom, and lamb of god mostly and remember i want it to be tube
Quote by Vermintide

First: I don't like Kranks. The Krankenstein that I played was horrible, terrible, atrocious, a sin against tone. Haven't played the Rev One, but i don't expect much better.

Second, what bands would you like to sound like?
Here's a basic guideline:
Judas Priest: Marshall JCM800
Megadeth: Marshall JCM900
Metallica: Mesa Mark IV
Arch Enemy: Peavey 6505
Anthrax: Randall T2
Pantera: Randall RG200
With your price range, look into the following:

ENGL Powerball
Madison Divintiy
Mesa Dual Rectifier
Framus Cobra
Soldano Avenger
Krank Revolution 1
Peavey 6505/5150

You could possibly pick up a used Diezel/Bogner in that range, but you're stuck without a cab then (unless you already have a usable one)
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
yea i was leaning towards either a dual recto or a revolution 1 but like i said i heard that the kranks sound nothing like they do on thier website
Quote by Vermintide

Well I've played a Rev 1, and I personally liked it. Out of that entire list, I like the Dual Recto the least. Though be advised, that the Soldano Avenger is a one channel distortion only amp, and the 6505 has a shoddy clean channel. The others are all just preference.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Id either look into an ENGL Powerball or a Peavey 6505+ at your price range, should suit you good.
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
k thanx for the info guys i think ill stick with the revolution but now im decidin on whether to get a half stack or the combo?
Quote by Vermintide

Quote by ac/dc_freak91
k thanx for the info guys i think ill stick with the revolution but now im decidin on whether to get a half stack or the combo?

trust me mayne, theres better
Im going to strongly recommend you from getting the Revolution, theyre known to be unrelliable, but its your call man.
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
Powerball, Framus Cobra or Mesa Boogie Mark VI.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by ac/dc_freak91

You're probably best to with the 212 combo if you want portability. You could buy the head and experiment with different cabs - I remember listening to some good sound clips of the rev and this guy comparing different cabs which all sounded nice. However, try out the revolution and the mesa Dual rec first before you buy, you might find you perfer the mesa.
There was this one dude called Mantis that used to hang around these forums, he could give you some infomation on his Krank but I havent seen him in a while.
There was a bit of a bash fest going on over the Kranks, so dont completely believe what you read here. Trust what your ears hear when your playing one, not what you read at UG as mostly it can be un-reliable.
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
Last edited by StuC at Sep 24, 2006,
Quote by ac/dc_freak91

yeah, I would definitely play thru one before you decide on it, especially the Krank. A lot of people don't like them at all. That said, I liked the Rev. 1 I played, it sounded a lot like those clips to me, but meh. The guitar was a PRS Tremonti with killer pups though too. Definitely a one trick pony IMO, but it sounded great for metal to me. As for head or combo, I prefer the head if you can afford it, I like being able to mix and match cabs easily.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
well ive got a dean razorback guitar if it matters.
Quote by Vermintide

Engl powerball, peavey xxx, 5150, jsx, Mesaboogie mark IV, dual recto, triple recto, Genz benz diablo, marshal jcm 800, 900 with tube change. Thats a pretty good list
Quote by ac/dc_freak91

please, for the love of god, tell me you're going to try it first.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Didn't into the moat have a Rev 1 but decided to get rid of it recently in favour of a 5150?
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
^No, it was a Krankstein.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
^Godammit... although IMO it'd be a better deal if he got a Framus instead.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420