Well... I recently bought an 87' Jap Stratocaster, which -needs- a better friend than the lame amp I have now, that being a Fender 15F or w/e. Anyways, I've been checking out Peavey and Marshall amps, but I'm quite unsure as to what to get. I'm looking for a Billy Talent/Alexisonfire sort of sound. Not a copy, but something with similar sound. If anyone has any suggestions as to what models are good to check out, please yell them at me. Looking for around 60 watts and up. Price range, eh, doesn't matter at the moment. Thanks.

---> I'm looking for reliability, quality, something that, if in the middle of a gig, won't crap out.
DO NOT get a peavey. Ive had really bad expierences w/ every one that ive played on. After a while they j/ sound like ****.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by soul_power
DO NOT get a peavey. Ive had really bad expierences w/ every one that ive played on. After a while they j/ sound like ****.

Quit playing bad Peavey's then. 6505's and 5150's would probably survive a nuclear holocaust.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Quote by soul_power

You obviously play there solidstate amps. They make the worst solid state amps (other than Marshall MGs and Line 6 amps, theyre worse)

High end Peaveys, (5150, 6505, JSX's) are amazing. As the guy said above theyd survive anything, and they sound great. Personally i like the JSX the best, it sounds great on all channels where as the 5150/6505's youll have amazing distortion but mediocre cleans (not bad, but not great either). If youre looking into Marshalls, look at a used JCM800 or probably a DSL401, or DSL50/100 if youre looking for a half stack.

EDIT - You're looking for around 60 watts, so the DSL50 head would be great. (Its 50 watts but theres not too big of a difference there) Or you can go for a lot of headroom (which can be good), and go for the Peavey heads or the DSL100.
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
Jcm 800 combo. Mesa combo (single recto, maverick) peavey valveking combo, jsx combo, xxx,

List is endless really. You can get a lot of amps in combo form.