Okay I'm getting a hollowbody and I've narrowed it down to the Epiphone Sheraton II, Ibanez AS103, or the Epiphone Elitist 335. Now they are all basically 335's. The Sheraton is the cheapest and my guitar teacher recommends it over the Ibanez. The only one I've played is the Sheraton and I liked it except the pickups are a little too muddy. So should I save up for the Elitist, settle for the AS103, or get the Sheraton?

I'm leaning towards the Sheraton at this point and putting two SD '59's in it. But please help me make the final decision!
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Anyone?
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Ibanez FTW. Overall much more quality in guitar than the Epiphone. I can't say I've liked any Epiphone hollowbody sound, including the Sheraton, DOT, etc.

And it'll be a bitch to change the pickups on a hollowbody. I would try to explain how, but since I haven't done it myself, I won't.

BTW, where abouts in Mass. are you?
I'm in Central, MA. I work at Gordon Music.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
why dont you try some Gretches i hear those are really good hollowbodies, this may not sound like much but it gets Gretch gets my dads approval, he is really elitest about guitars, some of you may know that my dad drove for rory gallagher so he knew about guitars his apporved guitars are
Fender
Gretches
Gibson
washburn (the acoustics)

but out of those i'd say the Ibanez
i was about to buy a sheraton too, but i kinda did a little research and found a lower version of the gibson 335, the 333. its pretty much the exact same as the satin 335, but it has a door in the back cut out so that you can change electronics and stuff more easily. i got mine for 800 and i love it
I've had an Epi Sheraton II and a Epi Dot. The Dot's neck was vastly more comfortable to play than the pretty Sheraton neck. Overall I can only speak for what I've played and the Epi Dot (not Studio) with upgraded electronics is a great guitar!! The Sheraton II was a very nice-looking guitar but was very uncomfortable for me to play.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gretsch-Guitars-G5120-Electromatic-Hollow-Body-with-DualCoil-Pickups?sku=513282

i know its low end model gretsch, but if i was spending that much on a semiH i would at least check them out.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by goalaso08
i was about to buy a sheraton too, but i kinda did a little research and found a lower version of the gibson 335, the 333. its pretty much the exact same as the satin 335, but it has a door in the back cut out so that you can change electronics and stuff more easily. i got mine for 800 and i love it

Yeah I think Gibson discontinued it. I can only find it on eBay and stuff.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Quote by jj1565
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gretsch-Guitars-G5120-Electromatic-Hollow-Body-with-DualCoil-Pickups?sku=513282

i know its low end model gretsch, but if i was spending that much on a semiH i would at least check them out.

Yeah I'm really not into the Bigsby.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
oh ok, i guess ive always had a soft spot for them.

if faced with a higher end semi, i would probably pick the epi.

even tho epi has minor flaws in their LPs, i find their semis to be pretty cut above.
nice feel.

as for pup changes. i dont know. im not crazy about the 59, but it might sound pretty good for that guitar.
for a rock sound i lean towards the pearly gates. but its probably too hot for ur purposes.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Yeah, I'm just thinking of getting the Sheraton and swapping the pickups. A '59 in the bridge and neck, just like Robben Ford's setup.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
i bet that would sound so perfect with ur rig.

are u going to get the chance to try the ibanez?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

I don't know if I'll get to try the AS103. The shop I work at has a AF105 which is the same series as the 103, but full hollow. It's a pretty nice guitar, so I'd imagine the 103 is too.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Play them all if you can, but the Elitist is gonna' be a hell of a lot better than the other two, and will probably be worth the price.
Sheratons are good, but they're not that great stock.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
The thing is with the Elitist, if I spend a grand, I might as well just save up for the regular Satin Finish Gibson 335.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Hmm, makes sense, are there no used ones anywhere?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
get one of the ibanez's with the bigsby tremolo they are lovely i have one and i absaloutley love it.. the best guitar i have, and i have alot