i keep reading threads about amps for metal but how about one for indie/emo/alternative? like stuff from cartel to cute is what we aim for and the academy is...? i was contemplating a dsl 50 but im not sure if thats right. ive played it and i like it but are there any other amps i should consider?
JCM 900 is good for 90s alernative. Atleast for overdriven sound. You mainly would want something with good cleans such as a ac30, bassman, twin reverb, super reverb, and then a od pedal.
ok, for the fenders, even with an od pedal would it have enough gain for cartel and the like? if so what kind of od? tubescreamer?
imo fenders arent good for almost anything but cleans
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
Marshall JCM 900 maybe?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
^Yeah, but emo bands are using Recto's nowadays.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
ah but my parents won't let me get a jcm 900 off ebay, is there anywhere else that i might be able to find one. (they have a problem about me not being able to play it before i buy it.)

what are the chances of one being in a pawn shop?
The Jcm 900 series are discontinued, so you'll have to look for any stores carrying used gear. On the other hand, the DSL 50 could give you both Classic and Modern tones.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude
^Yeah, but emo bands are using Recto's nowadays.
I dont consider 'alternative music' to be 'emo'. Alternative to me is 90's bands like the Counting Crows, LifeHouse, Sugar Ray, American Hi-Fi, Bare Naked Ladies, Blind Melon, Blues Traveler, Blur, Deep Blue Something...etc. lol
LOL, Black Eyed Peas use Rectos...
From the Mesa website: AFI, Fallout Boy, Hawthorne Heights, Simple Plan...
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420