Poll Options
View poll results: Church-Yay or nay?
Yay
214 32%
Nay
451 68%
Voters: 665.
Page 1 of 12
Its not about seeing it. I try to go at least once a day and I havent seen everything yet. Church is good for the soul. How else are you supposed to know how to live your life, when someones not telling you how?
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
wow, once a day, good for you (seriously)
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Quote by cubedeathk
Its not about seeing it. I try to go at least once a day and I havent seen everything yet. Church is good for the soul. How else are you supposed to know how to live your life, when someones not telling you how?

sweet. new sig
My god...I can understand going to church for a year. But after that, what's new. Like the bible isn't updated daily.
Quote by llanafreak44
organiezed religion is not for me

Apparently an English class is not either.

What do you do if your religon is not organized? Worship a tree and say it will earn you salvation?

Quote by cubedeathk
How else are you supposed to know how to live your life, when someones not telling you how?

That has to be one of the most retarded theories i have ever heard. Live your life how you want to live it, not how others want you to.
Yay for sure. You dont have to believe in what is being said to be moved by it. Im an agnostic but I am frequently moved by how beautiful some of it is. This is suposing you actually find a good church with a good preacher though
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Never been. Barely anyone does in the UK anymore.

Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Last edited by Meths at Sep 24, 2006,
How do we even know there is a Jesus? That could be anybody from a Japanesse buisness entreprenteur to some pedo living in your Grandfather's basement.
Quote by cubedeathk
How else are you supposed to know how to live your life, when someones not telling you how?

It actually hurt me to read that.
lulz
I've never been. Other than a group I used to goto in primary school (9-10 years old)called 'Torches', accept I just mucked around and got told off And my mates went so it was fun. I can't imagine myself sitting in church on sundays though. Maybe my life will change in a number of years and I become religious? Who knows. Can't see it myself. I voted nay.
it depends, if you have a good pastor givin the sermon it's good, plus it hleps give me a time to think and reflect
Quote by Led_Zeppelin992
How do we even know there is a Jesus? That could be anybody from a Japanesse buisness entreprenteur to some pedo living in your Grandfather's basement.

What is that supposed to mean? Jesus of course is not on the earth in a human form, or at least as far as we know at the moment. Jesus has been proven to have existed as much as Marco Polo has.

The buildings themselves, more specifically the big catholic cathedrals, are impressive to say the least. Notre Dame is amazing.

But the religious aspect... nuh-uh.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by robt18
It actually hurt me to read that.

Because you think you can think for yourself? Strange logic indeed. I can not imagine a world without The Lord. I say yay all the way.

^

And who needs imagination for a world without god?

Quote by cubedeathk
What is that supposed to mean? Jesus of course is not on the earth in a human form, or at least as far as we know at the moment. Jesus has been proven to have existed as much as Marco Polo has.

No he hasn't.

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
"How else are you supposed to know how to live your life, when someones not telling you how?"

lol, having to rely on others can be a sign of weakness or being uncapable of surving life yourself, especially when they may not be real. It annoys me when people say 'how can you live your life without God?' As if he controls their lives for them, in a way its sad. In my opinion, religion is an escape to allow an easier path in life. What do you mean when someone isnt telling you how to live life? Live life how the **** you want, its what you make it.
cubedeath you are retarded. its people like you that ruined human civilization for thousands of years. people that cant think for themselves and need to be told what to beleive. go for a walk and look around , form your own oppinions. religion is only a way for ancient and some modern rulers to controle a population. when people can think for themselves they see the truth and realize its all bull****.... oh and by the way......**** george bush
i dont believe in organized religion or god or anything, and my mom knows that but she tells me i have to go. i havent gone in 2 years, my mom said i had to go today, but i didnt. teehee.
Quote by Led_Zeppelin992
My god...I can understand going to church for a year. But after that, what's new. Like the bible isn't updated daily.

the sermons arent the same every year, they change.
Quote by Mad Marius
The buildings themselves, more specifically the big catholic cathedrals, are impressive to say the least. Notre Dame is amazing.

But the religious aspect... nuh-uh.

Y'know same thing here. I love the architecture of the Church but the religious aspect, well I can't stand it.
Quote by cubedeathk

Thats not you living your life, that someone else living your life.

I personally think there is no god, and that all the religions are wrong, but I know that many people find faith in something to be a comfort to them, something to rely on. Certainly, many principles of all religions are good principles - loving your fellow man and all that - but then many aren't - murdering your fellow man and all that.

I could live with people and their own personal faiths without too much disquiet, but organized religion can be quite scary at times. I see it used so often as a method not of inspiration, saviour or enlightenment, but of fear and control. One must only look at what some Muslim clerics tell their followers to do, or at the Bible-belt of America and how some pastors there continue to use religion to oppress and encourage the oppression of various social groups (gays, women, blacks, etc.).

But specifically churches. I voted nay because I'm the fucking anti-Christ (movie reference anyone?), but let's face it, some churches out there are the most beautiful buildings around (because its obviously better for the money to go on them than on the poor).

</rant>

Quote by Led_Zeppelin992
My priest sucks. Most boring person in the world.

you said that in your first post. Thank you.

Im Catholic-ish but im not religious. I guess it would be good for the soul, but if it wasnt it would be a total waste of ****ing time.
I love neapolitan ice cream, but I HATE VANILA AND STRAWBERRY!

Tremulous Name:
Aaron-[UVache]
Quote by cubedeathk

Hmmmmm. Do you mean that? I'm so cynical that I can't decide whether you mean it or not. Personally, I find it nice to live my life the way I like. Its not a way which is wildly different from that of christians (I agree with most of the things Jesus apparently said) but I tend to feel a bit annoyed when people say things like 'follow our lord or you are going to hell'....To be honest, thats really mean, and I wouldn't want to associate myself with that. Oh well. Each to their own.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Quote by Meths

No he hasn't.

Are you trying to say that Jesus did not walk this Earth? Jesus can historically be proven. That is simply wrong, and even if its a fact I refuse to believe it because I am not supposed to.

Quote by robbie
Thats not you living your life, that someone else living your life.

I personally think there is no god, and that all the religions are wrong, but I know that many people find faith in something to be a comfort to them, something to rely on. Certainly, many principles of all religions are good principles - loving your fellow man and all that - but then many aren't - murdering your fellow man and all that.

I could live with people and their own personal faiths without too much disquiet, but organized religion can be quite scary at times. I see it used so often as a method not of inspiration, saviour or enlightenment, but of fear and control. One must only look at what some Muslim clerics tell their followers to do, or at the Bible-belt of America and how some pastors there continue to use religion to oppress and encourage the oppression of various social groups (gays, women, blacks, etc.).

But specifically churches. I voted nay because I'm the fucking anti-Christ (movie reference anyone?), but let's face it, some churches out there are the most beautiful buildings around (because its obviously better for the money to go on them than on the poor).

</rant>

my thoughts exactly
Quote by cubedeathk

What do you do if your religon is not organized? Worship a tree and say it will earn you salvation?

Might as well...it's just as an effective way to "salvation" the long run.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by cubedeathk
Are you trying to say that Jesus did not walk this Earth? Jesus can historically be proven. That is simply wrong, and even if its a fact I refuse to believe it because I am not supposed to.

It is not historically proven.

And that last sentence is unbelievable. I don't think you're being entirely serious. . .

Oscar Wilde
Quote by cubedeathk

there is some proof he did, just all the stuff in the bible about him is bs.
Lol @ cubedeathk, you truely are an awsome troll

I don't go to church or believe in organzied religion.
I think church, like that guy a couple of posts back said, is just a total waste of time. But I had an interesting experience yesterday. A new priest came in and...dare I say it, he made it interesting! He was so full of enthusiam and stuff that I forgot about how much it sucks. He made it interesting. I think that that is one of the problems today. It's not interesting. Good for the soul if it wasn't such a ****ing waste of time.
Why does everyone have to bash everyone else's religious beliefs? Any kind of religion takes a certain amount of faith, and any thing that takes faith can't easily be proven to be true. I as a matter of fact believe in God, and I say yay to church, but does that make me better than any of you who don't believe in God? No, we should all respect each other's beliefs...
I am a breathing Time Machine!