I have a Fender American Highway 1 Strat, its got an alder body, maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard, satin finish, and HSH routing what can I do to make this a top of the line guitar? Price isnt really an issue I'm looking for versitility so good distortion, crunch, and clean. A big focus is Punk and some Lead though, but like I said versitility is a biggie. Thanks.
Last edited by Osiris77 at Sep 24, 2006,
New pickups, Sperzel locking tuners, A 2-pt wilkinson bridge w/ graphtech saddles and a graphtec nut, completely shielded wiring.
haha
Quote by 4string-tsurigi
are the pickups you have on it HSH? or is that just the routing?

Just the routing and what pickups should I put in it?
If price isn't an issue, you should consider trading it in towards an American Deluxe and save the trouble of trying to make it a top-of-the-line guitar. Don't over-mod it!
The only difference in mine an a deluxe is the pickups right and I wanted to go humbucker single humbucker. I was really just looking to mod what I have if I every buy another guitar it would probably be a les paul anyway.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
New pickups, Sperzel locking tuners, A 2-pt wilkinson bridge w/ graphtech saddles and a graphtec nut, completely shielded wiring.

where can I buy this stuff?