I Have not seen a thread on this underrated stoner rock group. Incase you didnt know josh homme from Qotsa is in it and same with Nick Olviero *is that Right?*. I recently picked up Blues for the red sun and welcome to sky vally and they were stunning. This is a must have for any stoner, Qotsa, or even dare i say it tool fans.
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
I have Welcome to Sky Valley, and it IS awesome. They are a very good band.
Fight Ignorance --> www.erowid.org

24/08/06
yeah, josh homme is incredible. ...and the circus leaves town is a sweet album. as is welcome to sky valley.
Nowadays all the songs on the radio, all drive me crazy.
I haven't heard any of their music, but I did know that Josh Homme and Nick Oliveri were originally from this band. So I suppose I will have to pick up some Kyuss....
<ter> quote me!
<alex> dont quote ter

<Barry> joe striani? is that the guy from the who?

Top Samurai of UG's Unofficial MST3K fan club, PM tossup to join

Quote by ss311
10/10 you gloriously peculiar chatter Voltan rocks.

Quote by deluxity
that's hot voltan
50 million year trip( down side up) really reminds me of tool in the way its kinda of like a giant trip in a way. It will star off here and ends off in a totally different place.
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
^ dude love your icon!
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
there was a thread on them a few days ago, i could have sworn it...i have all of Kyuss' CDs, except for the early demos, which are nigh on impossible to get your hands on. i also have a greatest hits collection on vinyl \m/

100 Degrees FTW.

also, QOTSA played a gig last year some time, at which John Garcia joined them on stage, and they did a couple of Kyuss covers, i think Thumb was one of them. speaking of Tool, there is a live recording floating round of Tool joined on stage by Scott Reeder, and they cover Demon Cleaner.
I Love Kyuss, "Space Cadet" and "Thumb" are my favorites, there early stuff (sons of kyuss) kind of remind me of Alice In Chains
Danelectro
^Yeah, if I think I have that cover of 'Demon Cleaner'.
Actually, I'm not too sure...I know I did have it but can't remember if that was before my computer crashed or not. Hmm. Ah well.
Quote by Alucard II
there was a thread on them a few days ago, i could have sworn it...i have all of Kyuss' CDs, except for the early demos, which are nigh on impossible to get your hands on. i also have a greatest hits collection on vinyl \m/

100 Degrees FTW.

also, QOTSA played a gig last year some time, at which John Garcia joined them on stage, and they did a couple of Kyuss covers, i think Thumb was one of them. speaking of Tool, there is a live recording floating round of Tool joined on stage by Scott Reeder, and they cover Demon Cleaner.

I know! I want to hear it so bad thats my favorite song by them and being covered by favorite band Just curious, do you hyave the QOTSA&kyuss Ep split. Its mad rare.
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Last edited by Lukeisonfire at Oct 2, 2006,
Quote by Lukeisonfire
I know! I want to hear it so bad thats my favorite song by them and being covered by favorite band sexsmile: Just curious, do you hyave the QOTSA&kyuss Ep split. Its mad rare.
i do not. and if you want, i can send you the cover of Demon Cleaner. its more of "to have" than "to listen to"; quality's not the best.
^ Still man i need it could you send it plz!
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Luke: clean out your PM box

to get off Tool & back to Kyuss ( ), i'll mention how much i love this video:
Green Machine

awesome song, and i love the video. its Kyuss doing what Kyuss did best: rockin in the desert!
Last edited by Alucard II at Oct 2, 2006,
Quote by Alucard II
Luke: clean out your PM box

to get off Tool & back to Kyuss ( ), i'll mention how much i love this video:
Green Machine

awesome song, and i love the video. its Kyuss doing what Kyuss did best: rockin in the desert!

Lol oops done !
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Molten Universe, if only it were five minutes longer. But for the long stuff I listen to Odyssey. Their cover of Black Sabbath's Into the Void is stonermetaltastic as well. It's just so... slow and groovy and bludgeoning. Beautiful.
Do you guys like mondo generator? I think its one of the weaker songs off of Blues * not the band the song*
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
yea mondo generator i thought was kind of dissappointing. But my favorite kyuss song is Freedom Run and the next few that follow it, i think wraith and capsized are what theyre called
A warriors hand and a wizards mind to wield.
I have yet to pick up one of their albums, but everything I've listened to so far is awesome.

Probably Homme's better band, if you ask me.
you tell me who's better. i think good charlote are better than the bealtes but that's only because their lyrics mean more and they are better musicians.

Member #4 of The Mars Volta fanclub. PM happytimeharry to join.
Man, whenever I hear one of Kyuss' solos, I always want to replicate that sound somehow....Does anybody know what types of scales they use so I can get more of a Kyuss-ey sound?
^I don't think the singer sucks...they just don't make him loud enough in the music...
Quote by SGeerdes2112
yea mondo generator i thought was kind of dissappointing. But my favorite kyuss song is Freedom Run and the next few that follow it, i think wraith and capsized are what theyre called

Yeah capsized althrough being extremly short is amazing. Writhe is a classic as well but allens wrench FTW!
and Thumb FTW
and Green machine FTW!
and Thong Song FTW!
and 50 Million Year Trip FTW! and finally all of WSV FTW!
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by sjada
i love their instrumental stuff but the singer sucks IMO

JOhn Garcia is one of my favorite singer becuase his voice is very gruff and can sound cool and dirty.
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
I downloaded about 10 songs by them a month ago. I dont understand how this band isnt more famous... theyre ****ing great.
I must find their cds...
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Great band. Only got into them after hearing QOTSA and apart from songs for the deaf i prefer kyuss all the way.Fatso forgotso off the split ep is amazing.
Was gonna have Conan Troutman as my user name, but someone already had it.
Why have I not posted in this thread yet?

Kyuss are awesome. I love their sound, it's like LSD and desert sand pouring out of the speakers and into your head.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Blues for the red sun would have to be my favourite album of theirs.
Favourite songs would be son of a bitch, stage III, thong song, 50 million year trip, writhe, supa scoopa and mighty scoop, demon cleaner, one inch man, size queen, fatso forgotso.
What about anyone else?
in no particular order

Thumb
Green Machine
Molten Universe
50 Million Year Trip
Apothecaries Weight
Freedom Run
Allen Wrench
Gardenia
Asteroid
100 Degrees
Demon Cleaner
Son of a Bitch
I like a lot of their stuff, I just don't have names for the songs! I know I have Demon Cleaner, Hurricane, and Whitewater...but I also listen to about 20 others.....
I have Blues For The Red Sun, Welcome To Sky Valley, and ...And The Circus Leaves Town. I would have to say my current favourite is Welcome To Sky Valley, followed by Blues For The Red Sun, followed by ...And The Circus Leaves Town. I think Welcome To Sky Valley has the most variety. If you ask me, I think ...And The Circus Leaves Town sounds too much like QOTSA, and not enough like Kyuss.
I's had Blues for the Red Sun for a while now, but listening to you all makes me want to acquire some more Kyuss.
Quote by Rox0r713
I nominate giveitaname87 for UG's "Most likely to be a Serial Killer" award.
Quote by giveitaname87
I's had Blues for the Red Sun for a while now, but listening to you all makes me want to acquire some more Kyuss.

Do it.
Your friendly neighborhood Stoner.........Rocker.

Myspace
Quote by giveitaname87

Any of these would be good:

Wretch
Welcome To Sky Valley
...And The Circus Leaves Town
or Muchas Gracias (a supposed best of, but more b-sides, rarer stuff and live tracks)

I would recommend Wretch personally.That or getting them all.