Hi right now i have a washburn wg- 600 electric guitar and its SSH pickup. I was looking to buy a new electric guitar soon by the problem is i don't know what kind of guitar i should get with what pick ups? I mostly play classic rock, hard rock, a little bit of metal. I was looking at the mexican fender strat or the highway one but i don't know whats the difference... and i was wondering should i get a HH or SSS pick up guitar.

Can someone explain to me on pickup sound and quality? SSS, HSH, SSH HH? Which is more versatile? pros and cons?

I have SSH pick up right now so i'm not interested in SSH pickup again. I want versatile guitar in a price range of $500-700.

Thanks in advance!
I would look into a Les Paul although thay can get pricey. You could get an EPS like Hammet but thats on a personal note. And I have no clue about the pickups.
sorry i am't not interested in les paul or metal guitars like jackson and esp
Single coils are generally used for clean sounds and little distortion, otherwise the give you feedback like a mutha. Humbuckers will be able to handle distortion and would probably be your best bet. If you don't want a Les Paul or a "metal guitar" try looking into the Fender Standard Fat Strat.
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster (Sunburst Finish)
Washburn X-Series Electric (Black Finish)
Ibanez Electric-Acoustic (Black Finish)
Ariana Acoustic

Randall RX120D Halfstack
get an ibanez s series, preferably a s470 with hsh config.
very versatile, warm sounding because of the mahagony body, great trem...
Quote by Dudage
Pussies play P-90's

Quote by jesus-squared
alright i'll try it
but if it falls out and my guitar breaks i'm going to eat your first born.
...just so you know
Thanks for the reply i will think about it. Anymore suggestions? What is the pick up config of fender fat strat and how much does it cost?
a fat strat is hss i think but you could get a hh strat too
Quote by Dudage
Pussies play P-90's

Quote by jesus-squared
alright i'll try it
but if it falls out and my guitar breaks i'm going to eat your first born.
...just so you know
Quote by fisher6
Single coils are generally used for clean sounds and little distortion, otherwise the give you feedback like a mutha.

Yes, yes you do

If you want true versatility then go for something with a coil tap (this basically halves the magnetic coil on a pup and so can change a humbucker to a single etc.).

Fender and Ibanez do nice HSS setups but you wont find an Ibanez HSH without a Floyd or a fixed bridge.

Ash
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
damn i can't decide which guitar to get...i want a original fender sound so sss meican strat but is it worth it?
Should i get hh with whammy instead?.....I can't decide....
Are fender sss really worth it? whats the pros and cons for them?
Any fender user out there can give me advice?