Yesterday, I acquired a (CBS?)'65 Strat! Color is "natural". The frets are a bit flat, the hardware is rusted, but it still plays great! It sure is a change from my other guitar.

I have a ~1963 guitar. Its a hagstrom futurama which is sweed i think... somewhere in europe anyway. They don't make hagstrom anymore, but they are a lot like fender. Alot of the old fenders you could mistake for a hagstrom. I'm not sure who copied who.

Oh look at this!!! http://www.hagstromguitars.com/
that wasnt there a few monts ago... looks like they are back "after 20 years of abscense".
Quote by _3Lm0_
I have a ~1963 guitar. Its a hagstrom futurama which is sweed i think... somewhere in europe anyway. They don't make hagstrom anymore, but they are a lot like fender. Alot of the old fenders you could mistake for a hagstrom. I'm not sure who copied who.

Oh look at this!!! http://www.hagstromguitars.com/
that wasnt there a few monts ago... looks like they are back "after 20 years of abscense".

Any pictures?
thats awesome! "suddenly feels slightly mediocare with fender american pro deluxe ash strat in hand".
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
I have a question for any Fender fanatics out there. Would my guitar be a pre-CBS or a CBS guitar? The serial number is in the pre-CBS to CBS over lap and while the it has a small headstock, the neck plate has the "F" that the CBS guitars had.
Quote by StevieRamone
You should get new hardware. (I.E. Screws) Theyre easy to install.

but make sure they are official fender ones if you do, otherwise the value will be even more decreased (as in if you change hardware at all)
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
Quote by StevieRamone
You should get new hardware. (I.E. Screws) Theyre easy to install.

I was thinking about that, but I wanted to keep it as original as possible.
WOW!! What a guitar! How much did it set you back if you don't mind me asking? Is it all original? I have been looking for something like that for a long time and the sellers have refused all my offers for such an instrument. I've only seen 1970's ones. That's a keeper!! Fenderforum.com should help you with that Strat question.
Quote by Siciliano
WOW!! What a guitar! How much did it set you back if you don't mind me asking? Is it all original? I have been looking for something like that for a long time and the sellers have refused all my offers for such an instrument. I've only seen 1970's ones. That's a keeper!! Fenderforum.com should help you with that Strat question.

Yahaha, it did not set me back a penny.
That's really nice buddy! Gosh, I wish I could afford a sweet vintage Fender...
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Oh my John, that's absolutely gorgeous! And it looks so old and orangey brown! Damn you!

How did you aquire this anyway?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
That's lovely, the tuners look pretty cool too.

Congrats
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr