i've recently purchased an Ibanez GAX70, brand new.
i love it.
but the knobs to the tone and volume controls are broken, or something.
the knobs turn past where theyre supposed to.
i opened up the panel in the back.
and the pots turn along with the knobs when i turn them.
what's wrong?
is this normal?
also.
sometimes when i turn the switch to control where the sound comes from, i think its called a relay switch?
no sound will come from the amp.
only sometimes.
it's strange.
what's wrong?

i just bought DiMarzio Super 3 pickups and Seymour Duncan SH-6 pickups.
anyone know a picture-rich website with instructions on how to replace the stock ones?
they come with instructions.
but theyre very technical.
and complicated.

THANKS.
For the pots, take the knobs off and tighten the nut on the pot while holding the other side.
just bring it to the guitar shop
Quote by Mad Marius
No, I saw them on that documentary, Jurassic Park. They walked around and ate electric fences and people.
im gonna try to bring it to the shop tomorrow.
i dont know a whole lot about guitars.
i just think its ridiculous that i have to bring it to the shop the day after i get it for multiple reasons.
Quote by PthIsAmazing
im gonna try to bring it to the shop tomorrow.
i dont know a whole lot about guitars.
i just think its ridiculous that i have to bring it to the shop the day after i get it for multiple reasons.

Well thats not really a big deal, its just the pots need to be screwed down better. That could just come from somebody at the shop trying to turn it down and twisting it too hard.
Quote by mattfm
just bring it to the guitar shop

No, don't.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
DON'T take it to a shop. They will probably charge you $50 for something that will take 5 minutes and cost very little. All you have to do is tighten the nuts under the knobs of the pots on top of the pickguard. For the switch, how many positions does it have? You just might need to replace the switch. As for wiring the pickups, click here and use the diagram that best matches your current wiring.
It's a nice guitar by the way, what colour did you get yours in?
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
the nut on hte pot needs to be screwed down. and for switch, is it only some positions that work? or is it just randomly any position that cuts out. be sure to check the solder joints, also check the other joints including the joints on the jack.
^Because it's something very easy to fix.

See the nut?

Tighten it.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...