okay, i've been playing guitar for about 4 years, then took a little break to play the drums, and now i'm back at the guitar. anyway i'm having trouble learning soloing techniques with all of the online theory crap...are there any "shortcuts" to becoming better at soloing or am i going to have to go through the theory stuff? i mean i can pinch harmonic and speed pic and do a couple of scales, i can almost do 1 sweep but thats about it...anyways, thanks...
if there were shortcuts, we would all be great
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
there may be shortcuts, but on the long run its definitely better if you dont take them.
a sweep is basically where you strum the strings like you're playing a chord but, instead of holding a chord with your left hand, you kind of roll your fingers along one note at a time in order for this "chord" to not sound dissonant when played with distortion and just for a cool arpeggio kind of a sound.
[SIZE=
There is a video lesson on Ultimate-Guitar.com focused on sweep picking. Strongly recommended if you want to learn about the technique.
Ibanez RG2570E, Epiphone VJH-PP, Celestion V30 Lopo Line 1x12, EHX Metal Muff, Yamaha Magicstomp MKII, Tascam CD-GT1 MKII
There are no shortcuts.

Take a look in the lessons section. There's some good lessons on musical theory in there. Especially by Slash_pwns.
ಥ_ಥ
are you joking me? guitar is one of those things that yields what you put into it, if you want to be a great player, you have to do your homework, cmon now, that's silly.
Great guitarists didnt get there by shortcuts.
"This shit here's called Death"
"What the fuck? You mean I'm gonna hit this shit and die?"
"No Nigga! I said Deaf. You hit this and you aint gonna hear shit!"