I've been deciding on new pickups for a while now and I think I've finally made my decision. The idea of Swineshead was inticing but I'm passing it up for Seymour Duncan's because 1) there are a bunch of local dealers so I have places to go where warranty would be covered and 2) I'd save an extra $30-$40 per pickup.

I think I've decided on the SH-2 Jazz in the neck and the SH-5 Duncan Custom in the bridge (both humbuckers). Still trying to decide between the Duncan Custom and the SH-14 Custom 5 though. I'm just posting to see if anyone here has experience with these pickups and can give me some assurance of their tonal quality. I play rock of all types, from classic to modern, and some jazz and blues. My SG currently has the stock pickups in it.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
Man.if u have a gibson...just leave the pickups alone...they sound great..and have better sound than some aftermarket pickups.
I know my guitar pretty well and I know I can a slightly better tone with better pickups. My tone is good now but I just think it can be better.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
dude ive been researchin for a while and i decided on the same set. well ig uess this doesnt really help you, but i thought id let you know...
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣