hey guys. im new to the whole band scene. ive been playing guitar for about a year and a half and im pretty decent compared to the guitarists i know. however im getting tired of just playing by myself....i want to try and form a band.

i know one drummer who is already in another band, should i try him? he's the only one i know of. and i dont know of any bassists. also what wattage would be loud enough for a band? 50 watts tube or so? any advice? thanks guys
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
Go for it and ask him, even if you guys just jam sometimes, it'll be a good experience. A bass you can jam without, but if you're gonna have a band, you need the low end oomph and groove. Wattage you need depends on your drummer's loudness, where you play, etc.
Yeah, do what they said, and also, look in classifieds in your local paper for people wanting to start bands, and go to a local music store/guitar center and see if there are any other like minded musicians there. Go there enough and you should eventually find what you're looking for.
yah..waht they said..ever since i had a band my playing improved because i had to so i wouldnt let down the band being all sloppy when they were doing their best..

i started with my cousin..he played bass and had a friend that plays drums..i had a friend that sings..we got together and it went from there..a whole new world was introduced new people you meet in the band scene at gigs and new friends/comroderies made..
get people who are much more experienced and better than you in playing music.

no point getting self-satisfied by playing with noobs.

and you learn lots too. a good rhythm section is especially important. good rhythm section=good band. nuff said.
Quote by tryhardslash
dude like every song has disortion

and its called distorting
Quote by cold_static544
get people who are much more experienced and better than you in playing music.

no point getting self-satisfied by playing with noobs.

and you learn lots too. a good rhythm section is especially important. good rhythm section=good band. nuff said.

definitly...having good rhythm can make a good band or a bad one..unfortunaltely we had to put down our frind as rhythm guitar bec of his not so good timing...a great solo is nothing without rhythm to back it up..
playin with guitarist better than you will improve your playing alot bec you have someone to look upto and try to do what they do and theyre there to help..
i started out playing guitar by myself for a while just starting out...very slow progress trying to teach myself...a year later my friend who wanted to learn guitar jamd with me all the time improved way faster than me beec i was there to give him tips on how to make playing easier which i learned the hard way through experience..