I bought a Fender Standard Stratocaster brand new at my local store, and there is a couple problems im having with 2 of my strings.
1. The G-string. When ever I pluck it, I get this high pitched ringy sound coming from right above the cappo.
2. The high E-string. When ever I pluck it, I get like a rattle sound coming right from the bridge.

i recorded the sounds so you guys could have a better understanding
http://media.putfile.com/GuitarProblem

Any one know how to fix it?
try switching string gauges,
also take a look at the strings see if theyre down low enough to touch the pickups cause that creates a buzzing ringing noise also
Send me off to bed forevermore.
check ur nut, same thing happend to one of mine, the nut slits were cut too deep. try raising your action a bit if you can on that side. other than that, try goin dont the neck seeing where the buzzing starts or ends, it may be a bump or sumthin on one of ur frets
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
None of you really sound like you know too much about guitars. The ringing on your G string could be many things, and the noise on the E string is fret buzz. If I were you I would take it in for a full setup because that way you dont have to deal with neck bow, nut cutting, and screwing up your intonation.
~Bryan~
~~One Off Custom Strat~~
- 3 piece alder body
- Maple on rosewood 21 fret neck
- '82 Fender pickups

~~'92 Toyota Supra~~

- 1JZ-GTE (TT, front mount intercooler, 15~psi)
- Tuned on 93 octane
- HKS 3" exhaust