Hi I recently was a little bored so i made a LED box that has on LED the lights up and blah blah blah. Now back on topic, how can i put in a switch so that i dont have to take the battery out all the time. I hve a DPDT switch lying around so could i use that
?
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
^that was a useless post.By the way,do you mind mabye showing us how to wire the leds like you did
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
^Dude...that's all wrong.

Just disconnect the current to the LED on one side...
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
wtf... no its not... I have done it on all my tihings... You would have the LEDs on the input side instead though because theres no input or ouput for this.

You just dont like giving satisfaction to anyone but yourself.
^now by special do you mean retarded? haha jk but yes thats a pretty good layout to work from, try useing actual ground notations though an -> doesnt tell us much....not that it needs too but the ground symbol is there for a reason....
Wait, is this circuit you've made just an LED with a resistor or is it a guitar effect?
If its just an LED that lights up, take any point in the circuit and cut it (literally, with pliers). With your dpdt switch, take the two ends of wire you just cut through and join them to two pins on the switch - the pins will be arranged in a 3x2 fashion, so connect one wire to a centre pin, and another to one on the edge but the same side.
XXX Those are the pins on the dpdt
XXX

X00 Connect a wire to each of the 0s.
XXX
Keeley boy...you don't want to shunt the positive to ground as a general rule(pnp is an exception).
okay sorry fro the late post but heres how i wired up my LED

LED ANODE-Limiting resistor- Positive Battery snap end
LED CATHODE------------------Negative Battery snap

If i got cathodde and anode mixed up im sorry:chhers:

EDIT- and its justa simple led to resistor thing
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
So, use a switch to disconnect one of the connections.
okay thanks
Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by daytripper75