What type of paint should I use. Should i use water based paint or oil based? I want to paint my guitar. Not stain it. Does it even matter what paint u use? Also, once i do have the paint down what should i use as a clear coat. Should it be sometype of gloss or lacquer?
plz help my newbness in guitar modding
well this has nothing to do with ur question but i just thought tht a guitar stained with real blood would look pretty cool. kidna nasty tho
I have the same question as iheart_lespauls.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Car paint like Duplicolor, or nitro, either in a spray can from reranch.com, or sprayed from a gun(this is what I do).
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Thanks for that site Queen.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Don't Mean to double post, but if i sanded all the way down to the guitar wood, would i have to reseal it?
yes you would.

and after the color coat and primer is set you do clear coat it
Is sealer considered a primer? or is there a sealer, then a primer, then a color, then a clear coat. is that how it goes?
what I mean is something like a sanding sealer, or a grain filler (http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Finishing_supplies/Fillers_and_putties/ColorTone_Waterbase_Grain_Filler.html)
followed by several coats of clear coat. BAsically this fills the grain of the wood before you start painting it colors, so that when you set your final coats of clear and prep for buffing you don't have to sand lots to take our the grain impressions.