I know they don't really sing, but still. French, German, Scadinavian(sp?) swedish...they all have english lyrics.

I run into every once in a while a band that actually speak their naitive lang.
If it tickles and doesn't burn, it's ok.
My guess is Metals more popular in the US. And English is spoken in alot of countries, england, nova scotia etc.
lmfao, did u just call nova scotia a country?

i hope your not canadian.. :P
------------------------------

ESP LTD F-250
Digitech Metal Master
Peavey Bandit 112

------------------------------
Quote by Metallica_Ðuke
lmfao, did u just call nova scotia a country?

i hope your not canadian.. :P

nice...

except for the whole lmfao

**** really long initials for phrases

(or for you weirdos thatd be frlifp)
Soul Collector of the BassMilitia PM Dinkydaisy

Co-leader of The league of toxicity33, Kankuro, Dr. Gonzo Slash, DownInAHole, Synyster Gates, This End Up, and Neil_.

You should've used the Pythagorean Theorem, BITCH

BLALLALALASSISSIS *shank*
Because English rules. It has cursing in it... Anyway, listen to some Sepultura, Ill Nino, and Type O Negative. I know Ill Nino sing in Mexican some, I dunno about the others, but I heard some of the singer's lyrics and stuff on the Roadrunner United CD, and they were speaking in some freaky ass language xD
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Because so many people understand English, and English just seems to flow better in alot of cases.
Its probably because most countries teach there students english at an early age so its one of the most spoken languages, besides like Chinese but thats not spoken anywhere else really. English is international.
Quote by MudlLinG123
My guess is Metals more popular in the US.

ha.
ha.
ha.

i think its cuz most people in the world (third world countires excluded) either speak it mainly or know it as a second language.
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
Or.... or is it just that you speak english and therefore only know of bands who sing in english? There's tons of metal that isn't in english.

Most of the Quebecian metal seems to be in english though...
Last edited by Ramseus at Sep 25, 2006,
Quote by Shinozoku
Because English rules. It has cursing in it... Anyway, listen to some Sepultura, Ill Nino, and Type O Negative. I know Ill Nino sing in Mexican some, I dunno about the others, but I heard some of the singer's lyrics and stuff on the Roadrunner United CD, and they were speaking in some freaky ass language xD

"Mexican" is a language?

****, this is retarded.
Cause most of the bands grew up listening to american/english stuff, such as maiden, slayer, metallica, led zeppelin, black sabbath, etc. the bands speak they're native tongue outside of music, but... english is also a second language for most country's, just like americans take spanish or whatever in highschool...
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
wow, first Nova Scotia a country and the Mexican a language? at this thread
'Cause it's pretty much universal. The wider range of the fanbase either has english as the first language, or english as a second language.
Quote by xolax
wow, first Nova Scotia a country and the Mexican a language? at this thread

And Scandinavian, let's not forget the Scandinavian.
Quote by Bilzzard_of_Ozz
And Scandinavian, let's not forget the Scandinavian.

Oh, how silly of me
English has always been the international language of rock and metal. Sure there are other languages, but who gives a **** - have you ever heard someone sing in Chinese? It sounds like someone is getting their intestines pulled out their mouth.
As a result of listing <><'s reports I was banned.

Quote by God Book
#2. Banned by theguitarist (11/03/2006) - X D

Promise to shorten your sig and you'll be unbanned. This is what you get, lol.

HA!
^ I've listened to Japanese Death Metal. Friggin Brutal shyat.

Its not like you can understand what Death Metalists are saying anyways unless you read it.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelsean
^ I've listened to Japanese Death Metal. Friggin Brutal shyat.

Its not like you can understand what Death Metalists are saying anyways unless you read it.

Wanna make a bet? That's ignint, yo.
As a result of listing <><'s reports I was banned.

Quote by God Book
#2. Banned by theguitarist (11/03/2006) - X D

Promise to shorten your sig and you'll be unbanned. This is what you get, lol.

HA!
because according to a lot of metal bands and artists, lyrics aren't the key element of their music, it's more about the instruments and compositions. i was wondering the exact same thing and i did some research on children of bodom and the lyrics and vocals are in their just to make it marketable - they serve no other purpose really - fine with me they're ****in awesome at guitar.
Marty
Quote by twentyextysixx
have you ever heard someone sing in Chinese? It sounds like someone is getting their intestines pulled out their mouth.

Ofcourse this in turn, sounds incredibly metal!
Quote by uuuuhhhhhhhh
Nearly half the bands I listen to do not speak an ounce of english. And when they do, they bastardise the language more than it already is.

i want to know what bands these are!!!!!!!!!
I was here for a while.

Then I was gone.

Now I'm back cause Obama.
Sales and Marketing
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his
Quote by twentyextysixx
English has always been the international language of rock and metal. Sure there are other languages, but who gives a **** - have you ever heard someone sing in Chinese? It sounds like someone is getting their intestines pulled out their mouth.

That'd be brutal as hell, though...

at Chinese death metal!!
Yeah it's pretty obvious. Rather than a band speak in Finnish where they can only market it to one country, if they sing in English they can market it in most countries quite well because most people get around to learning english for one reason or another as a 2nd language.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
+1 to the market argument. And if it isn't market or commercial matters, it's at least about reaching people with music. I enjoy some metal with a scandinavian language (saying "a", not "the" lol), but I don't really want to listen to music all the time when I don't understand the language. Plus if I were to write lyrics which I suck at, I would write in English aswell, just because it's so much more fluent than German...
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
Morsch sind Baum und Pfad
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
mir ist kalt...
Quote by The Oceanborn
Plus if I were to write lyrics which I suck at, I would write in English aswell, just because it's so much more fluent than German...

Yeah, and also I think it's a sort of self-censoring. When I write in Swedish, I usually find myself dissapointed with it. Besides, it feels like it's almost a bit tacky writing dark lyrics in Swedish, I guess for me personally it's all about me being able to in a better way convey the feeling and atmosphere in English than in Swedish, and it's not a marketing-thing because we don't intend to release the lyrics anyway. And we do have some lyrics in other languages (one thusfar in Swedish and one, as a joke and drinking-song, in Orcish).
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7

i think its cuz most people in the world (third world countires excluded) either speak it mainly or know it as a second language.

This is the explanation. For example, jmag on this forum is Portugese, I talk to him a lot, he speaks almost perfect English, and its just from school classes.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Its cause English is the most well known langauge. Also, I think I heard somewhere that English is considered one of the most poetic langauges.
Yeah I wish more bands would sing in Scandinavian. Such a beautiful language...
Yes, Scandinavian is easily the coolest language. All europeans should speak Scandinavian.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
tons of band don't sing in english. they just aren't popular
Read my post. Not this.