Hey, this is my latest song. It's not done, but I felt like seeing what you all think of it. It's very heavily influenced by Dream Theater, and it's my first song like this... The solo/keyboards aren't very good, but I've never tried writing a "metal" solo before. Tell me what you think, what I should change, etc. Please and thanks. =)

P.S. The .zip has the entire process of making this song in it, so feel free to look through and tell me what you would've done at each step. =)
Attachments:
Dream.zip
good...seemed a little off-beat and the end was very abrupt, but some neat concepts

CRIT4CRIT

Song 1

Song 2
Last edited by 6_6_6_1_syn at Sep 25, 2006,
Hm... I didn't really like the intro. The heavy riff after that was pretty cool though. The riff starting from bar 17 was alright, but it kinda seemed out of time, like when you went back to the C, it kinda came too quickly. I loved the Sawtooth part, but to make it sound a little bit more "evil", have it harmonized using the diminished arpeggio. The first little parts of the tapping solo didn't sound to good, but 46 and on sounded alright. Everything on after that was alright. I'd like to see where this is going.
Yeah, the intro started sounding iffy to me, but it's in key.... I'm working on it. =)
And as for harmonizing with the diminished arpeggio, I really have no clue what that is... And for the solo, I didn't expect it to sound good, I just started tapping notes in the scale I was using...If you have any suggestions, I'd appreciate them. =) lol Thanks for the critique. =)
This is diminished arpeggio.

e-----------------------------6-9----------------------------
B---------------------------8--------------------------------------
G----------------------6-9--------------------------------------
D-----------------5-8-----------------------------------------
A-----------4--7-----------------------------------------------
E-0--3--6----------------------------------------------------

It's a cool scale.

Wait, I think it's called diminsihed arpeggio...
Not really my style. I think the intro would sound better if you let the strings ring. Just makes it feel a little more "dream"-like. I didn't like the heavy part at bar 13 that much. It sounded like it was missing a beat somewhere, and it just didn't sound right to me. Bars 26-33 were my favorite part of the song. Cool synth riff. Solo ... again, not really my style.

Thanks for the crit, man.
METAR KTIK 040043Z COR RMK TORNADO 1W MOV NE. EVACUATING STATION
Okay, I just finished this last night... Hope you all enjoy it.

Once again, any comments/suggestions/flames/whatever accepted and appreciated. =)
Attachments:
Dream.zip