what styal of muaic do you play?
I Survived The "Silent Deftone Cocksucking Forum"!-August 15th, 2006
If you want a more diverse pickup look around at some Seymour Duncans.
EMGs are mainly used for heavy metal, or at least from what i know about them.
Go to the Seymour Duncan website, they have alot of information about their pickup types so you'll probably find something there.
yeah you wont get a really good clean with emgs. theres no point in having a single coil emg. pick up some duncans, like the hot rails. you cant go wrong with it
Signatures are overrated.
Quote by seanie!
yeah you wont get a really good clean with emgs. theres no point in having a single coil emg. pick up some duncans, like the hot rails. you cant go wrong with it

EMGs are great....there 81..is a very metal pickup...but can be used for more lower gain stuff...just dont turn your volume pot all the way up (it acts like a gain booster with EMGs)

but the S pups are great classic rock/blues/clean pups...a few blues/hard rock artists used them back in the 70's/80/s.....witch means...there arnt hi gain...there really good pups...

now..your guitar does suck and shouldnt have EMGs put in it..i would suggest buying a new guitar seeing as how the pups alone will cost about 250 in total

Logz edit:
flaming
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Go Here:

http://store.guitarfetish.com/pickups.html

Logz edit:
@flaming
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
just stick something in the hole and wiggle it around until you feel something poking out then push it hard.

Quote by gallagher2006
I seriously cant begin to tell you how refreshing it is to get some briliiant help from this site for once!

Thats about me
^you guys know this is the basics section right? why so hostile?

anyway. depends on the music u want to play, and the amp ur using. if ur thinking about putting an expensive set of EMGs into any guitar, you should make sure that ur amp is pretty good too.

also, not all squiers are crap. some of the higher end models are pretty good. but i doubt i would spend that much on a low-intermediate guitar anyway.

if ur looking for more output, then repost with ur music tastes, ur amp type, and budget.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011