Page 1 of 2
what do you guys think is the most difficult and good sounding shred song for guitar.
Far Beyond the Sun - Yngwie Malmsteen

Not many people thing shred songs sound GOOD.

Cliffs of dover has a happy shred sound to it, which is fairly uncommon today

Shreds usually associated with metal

However, all of yngwie is classical sounding and boring so one of them will do.
Dream Theater "Fatal Tragedy"
Yngwie Malmsteen "I am a Viking", "Far Beyond the Sun" "Black Star"
Deep Purple "Highway star" (most people wont agree with me on this, but try and play it as Blackmore does, with the double bends and its ****in hard!!!)
dragonforce - through the fire and the flames

If you can play that properly, you truly are a god. Its got like 75000 notes or something
Quote by jimharvey2k

If you can play that properly, you truly are a god. Its got like 75000 notes or something

*Chuckles*

Serrena, Too Fast No Good For You, Cliffs of Dover
Quote by Freepower

B) Think. This may be hard if you havent done it before, so start slow and with a metronome.

Quote by Punk Poser
What's in my wallet:
Broken Dreams, crushed oppurtinitues, and an old condom.

Quote by PooKoo
well, we are pricks, but were arrogant, not ignorant.
Stand In Line And I'll Be Searching by Impellitteri.
Quote by Jimi Hendrix
The Blues Is Easy To Play But Hard To Feel.

Quote by Chris Impellitteri
I Promise That My Solos Will Only Get Faster.
[Practice Makes Perfect][Hell Yeah]
Quote by jimharvey2k

┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

Paul Gilbert - Get out of my yard
Rusty Cooley - Under the influence, The Butcher
Francesco Fareri - Suspension
Please vote for my band in a demo competition by clicking
here, pressing the button that says "Gi din stemme" and then connecting to facebook! Thanks a lot!
I don't know, Guthrie hasn't made enough albums yet
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Necrophagist - Stabwound
Yngwie Malmsteen - Far Beyond the sun, Rising Force, Arpeggios from Hell
Cacophony - Speed metal symphony
Joe Satriani - Satch Boogie, Surfing with the Alien
Quote by jimharvey2k

.... Bless

I wud say Bliss, or Get out of my yard by Paul Gilbert, Ballad Of Buckethead by Primus.

Serrana is pretty high up there too, along with Speed Metal Buttsects Symphony.
Quote by sheumack111

Deep Purple "Highway star" (most people wont agree with me on this, but try and play it as Blackmore does, with the double bends and its ****in hard!!!)

And if you play the keyboard solo as well, it gets pretty tough
I agree with a lot of the above posters:

Get out of my Yard--Paul Gilbert
Far Beyond the Sun--Yngwie (A shred song with so much meaning and emotion, it's beautiful)
Cliffs of Dover--Eric Johnson

Also the song that got me into Shred--Message in a Dream by Vinnie Moore.
Altitudes by Jason Becker........ nuff said...........
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Finger pick some paco de lucia and you will know the meaning of hard.
Originally posted by dave_c2k2
Just shout really loud...

"Mother where is the carving knife i want to put my HAPPY face on!"
Paco De Lucia rawkzorz.........

he is a Speed Death Black Prog Shred Terrifying Lead Guitarist.............. without the stereotypeness of those genres................. But he's old.....
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
^does it matter if he's old ?

i hope u can tremolo 16 nps like him.
Quote by Jimi Hendrix

I really like "In Control" by vinnie moore right now... ask me in a week, and I'll have a different answer.
Quote by 94 hours

Quote by dumps
i dont really know what is good so maybe you guys could give me some suggestions of a good practice amp with some a effects between 70 and 100pound. cheers

your buying an amp based on weight??
Quote by Axegrinder#9
"trem" picking at 16 nps is actually not that hard. and I don't see how Paco de Lucia who's a flamenco guitar player would trem pick anything.

I'm guessing he means tremelo in the classical sense (a m i, or a m i m).
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Quote by Axegrinder#9
"trem" picking at 16 nps is actually not that hard. and I don't see how Paco de Lucia who's a flamenco guitar player would trem pick anything.
Finger Tremolo !!
Quote by Jimi Hendrix

Al di Meola. Try to play his stuff clean on acoustic. So many beautifull songs but so complex.

Montreal Jazz Festival 1988 Definately check it out on youtube or video google.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Sep 27, 2006,
Scarified- paul gilbert.
Noone ever plays it right tho. Where there is meant to be a string skipping appergio bit people sweep pick, even resident youtube gangster Tony sweep picks it. But i did hear a version of it by gutherie govan a few months ago which did it justice.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Quote by flamencogod
race with the devil on a spanish highway (al di meola) sure is on my ultimate shredddness list

hell yes!!!! If anyone has got that album Di Meola did with Paco De Lucia and John Mglaughlin "Live friday Night S.F" try play that version of "Medeteranian Sundance" or any song off that CD for that matter.....
that cd is one of my highlights yes, although some regulars don't like it (they think it is to show-offy) I love every single bit of it. It's funny how finger picking Paco basically plays cleaner than two "plectrum pickers" and plays just as fast!

not that it matter, imo the songs are great!
Quote by soccermom
Scarified- paul gilbert.
Noone ever plays it right tho. Where there is meant to be a string skipping appergio bit people sweep pick, even resident youtube gangster Tony sweep picks it. But i did hear a version of it by gutherie govan a few months ago which did it justice.

Actually, there is no "correct" version.

In the live extreme volume days, Paul and Bruce did sweep it, only later did he switch to stringskipping.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Yeah i really had luck when i started playing guitar and learned chromatics i also learned string skipping a a daily practice and it's really rewarding now. I can string skip as easy as picking normal stuff.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by Resiliance
Actually, there is no "correct" version.

In the live extreme volume days, Paul and Bruce did sweep it, only later did he switch to stringskipping.

hmmmm, never seen any proof of that, but i will take your word for now as i have only recently gotten into them,but i will investigate.

I thought of some mroe ultimate shrediness, some of the tracks of games like guilty gear and streetfighter, the retro stuff basicly have some awesome shred soundtracks. I could listin to them for hours on end
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
who forgot chopin fantasie and guitars suck by Ron Thal ?
Quote by Jimi Hendrix

You guys forgot "In the name of god" by dream theatre. that solos ****ing insane
Call me Jack
I always confuse In the Name of God, and For the Love of God. Meh.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Forbidden City - Marty Friedman
War of the Angels - Rusty Cooley
Quote by Prophet of Page
If Hendrix, Clapton and Page were to jam, the most impressive guitarist playing would be Paul Gilbert.

Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

member of the Mitch Hedberg pwns club pm Knives490 to join
Page 1 of 2