hi eveyone,

i have installed a killswitch in my guitar, i wired in the tone pot and everything acording to this wiring diagram, http://www.seymourduncan.com/support...tone_5way.html
my problem is on where the pickup selector and the tone pot care soldered together. i have soldered both wires together to the volume pot and now no volume will come out from the pickups. once i tried to solder where they were both on the prond but not touching but then the bridge pup would not work.
so what i am wondering, on the volume pot there is a prong that is soldered backwards onto the volume pot itself, can i un-solder that and put the wire from the tone pot on there?

thanks,

i need a fast reply

write back,

nick
if it you cant fix it yourself, it might have been cheaper to get a pro to do it to start off with.

i guess you could try to 'melt' the sh*t off, but then again it might come out worse
OK, 99% of the time the problem is that at some point another connection came loose in your guitar while you were soldering, so the first thign to do is to check all the connections.

However, I've never installed a killswitch, so there might be a whole world of things that could go wrong that I don't know about. But still. Check the connections.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Last edited by Strat_Monkey at Sep 25, 2006,
AFAIK, killswitch is very easy to install. They act like an on/off switch only that when you press the switch it'll turn off and when you release it it'll be like normal. You can just wire a switch between the connection of your output jack and the back of your volume pot. Just follow the wiring diagram from SD.com and make sure your pot is upside down and in proper place, dont confuse yourself from the diagram.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
i have installed a killswitch multiple times before and i dont think that's the issue, because i got it to work before already. i have already figured out possible problems and i will be trying to fix it. i will tell you how it works out.
also one more question, i found a small guaged single strand copper wire, can i use this to wire my circuit or does it have to be stranded copper wire.

i would think that a single strand would get a better connection have have electricity run through it more efficiently.
Quote by beau05
if it you cant fix it yourself, it might have been cheaper to get a pro to do it to start off with.

i guess you could try to 'melt' the sh*t off, but then again it might come out worse

if somebody can use a soldering iron, they can DEFINATELY modify guitar electronics, which are the simplest electronics. especially a kill switch which should just be a spst/spdt switch wired in.

Check everything twice, get the good ole multimeter out if you have one.
Marty
Quote by DBDbadreligion
also one more question, i found a small guaged single strand copper wire, can i use this to wire my circuit or does it have to be stranded copper wire.

i would think that a single strand would get a better connection have have electricity run through it more efficiently.

As long as it conducts electricity its fine. Just dont wire a fragile one.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
ok i fixed it, the problem was not the volume pot, it was the pickup selector. noticed the soldering iron started to melt the plastic areas of the pup selector and that cause so damage to it. i was able to wiggle the little prongs on it around. thankfully i had so old parts from a stratocaster w/ a full functioning pup selector, now everything is "a" ok.

thanks for all the help.

nick